Data base repair gone bad

macneil
Past 250!
Trainz Version: 2010

Data base repair gone bad

Post by macneil »

Has anyone ever had a Database repair make trainz unusable it was working fine until I had to do A database repair now when you load A route in surveyor as soon as you click one of the tabs the game just freezes ive checked all drivers are upto date just seems strange.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Mightyena
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 688183

Re: Data base repair gone bad

Post by Mightyena »

I have found that sometimes when I open Trainz after a period of inactivity, it would freeze on the route selection screen. On inspection, it turns out that Trainzutil appeared to be validating a load of assets on startup, and the only solution was to wait for it to finish (usually took about half an hour). Not ideal, but it's the only thing I can think of, how long did you wait for it, and did you check the database windows?
James M, creator of the
network
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Post by clam1952 »

Just because a database repair says it has finished doesn't mean that Trainz is not still validating which for some reason takes a lot longer in SP1, need to watch the database process Windows and not try doing anything until TrainzUtil has gone.
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
paulsw2
Past 250!
Trainz Build: 123801
Author KUID: 234086

Post by paulsw2 »

Sounds like you may be having a problem that others of us have faced since N3V started flooding the DLS with previously built-in items, and now TrainzUtil feels the need to 'phone home' the whole time to validate all the 'new' assets which have higher version numbers of stuff we've got built-in to TS10 and 12.

See this threads:
http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthre ... Down-Today and
http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthre ... ilter-quot on the N3V forums.

Anyone else having these problems?

Paul
andytee67
Past 100!
Trainz Version: T:ANE SP4 TRS 19 SP4
Trainz Build: 105766

Post by andytee67 »

Hi Paul
Yes, me too, seems to take ages for game to load at the moment, and it says I have over 8000 assets that need updating all of a sudden. Not too happy with trying to download all this. Thanks for bringing it up though, I thought my install had gone pear shaped or something.
Cheers
A.
Warbo40
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TS2012 (SP1)/S&C
Trainz Build: 57898
Author KUID: 441222

Post by Warbo40 »

andytee67 wrote:Hi Paul
Yes, me too, seems to take ages for game to load at the moment, and it says I have over 8000 assets that need updating all of a sudden. Not too happy with trying to download all this. Thanks for bringing it up though, I thought my install had gone pear shaped or something.
Cheers
A.
Yeah and how many of those updated assets then get red barred when you try to download via your CMP.
Work to live not live to work.
Briggsy
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS2019 + TANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105096
Author KUID: 630773

Post by Briggsy »

Warbo40 wrote:
andytee67 wrote:Hi Paul
Cheers
A.
Yeah and how many of those updated assets then get red barred when you try to download via your CMP.
I'm noticing that too. I've got something like 300 updates showing - yet when I try to download them, they all come up red saying that the file cannot be found on the server.

The DLS has been shocking this week. Sort it out N3V.
clam1952
Forum Veteran

Post by clam1952 »

Anything up to and including the 22nd will download OK if that helps anyone, looks like the 23rd onwards are not actually on the server yet. Avoid the ingame updater as that appears to try and download the later dates first which fails.
Cheers

Malc

Nexusdj
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 123794
Author KUID: 45317

Post by Nexusdj »

So is the connection still a "Bag O crap" or is it ok now for me to connect TS12 to the interweb without fear of it having another 3 hour paranoid meltdown ?

I've had it blocked via the firewall for 3 days so far with no problems other than the red bar in CMP .
High visibility pixels must be worn when on or about the line !!
clam1952
Forum Veteran

Post by clam1952 »

Don't need to go to those extremes, just put an IP in the proxy box, use one you would use for a home network and tick use proxy server. I used 192.168.0.10
Just checked 61388 having removed the "Proxy" and clicked a few tabs and it seems OK, should mention I did delete the entire contents of the Cache\Internet folder before I added the proxy. Whether that makes any difference I have no idea but there was stuff in there over a week old.

Been using 49922 all day with no validation issues, that includes a couple of thousand updates up to the 22nd.

Avoid anything with a date after the 22nd for now.
Cheers

Malc

Nexusdj
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 123794
Author KUID: 45317

Post by Nexusdj »

Cheers for info .
I let it loose on the net and without even clicking on content manager Taddaemon started a 1261 asset check !
I'll proceed with caution ....
High visibility pixels must be worn when on or about the line !!