Hi, I'm shy! :P

New members please feel free to introduce yourself to everyone.
SurreyB4Class
New Starter
Trainz Version: 2009
Trainz Build: 44653

Hi, I'm shy! :P

Post by SurreyB4Class »

Uh, hey. I'm new here.

Honestly, I'm not too sure what to do here, since it seems there's not quite as much on this forum as I had initially hoped.
Still, Hopefully I'll be able to get along with the community here.

Let's see now, about me...
I'm a young rail enthusiast, who loves the elegance and design of steam locomotives and rolling stock of that era, and personally dislikes diesel, electirc and DMU trains of the modern day.
I like playing about in Trainz and trying to make routes, but I'm inexperienced and really do need help with it.

I also have plans to build a model railway in my garden shed, though because I know so little about railway design I'm worried it just won't look as good as I want it to.
Skipper12
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TS12
Trainz Build: 61388

Re: Hi, I'm shy! :P

Post by Skipper12 »

Welcome to the forums!
Whilst they are much smaller than the main trainz forums they are much much friendlier, so it's not much of a comparison.

There are some very knowledgeable people on these forums so if you have any questions there are almost always people willing to offer help and advice.
Keep Calm and PLAY TRAINZ!
Mightyena
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 688183

Post by Mightyena »

Indeed, Welcome to the forums! :D
James M, creator of the
network
Warbo40
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TS2012 (SP1)/S&C
Trainz Build: 57898
Author KUID: 441222

Post by Warbo40 »

Yes, welcome to the forum SurreyB4Class.
Work to live not live to work.
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 123794
Author KUID: 45317

Post by Nexusdj »

Welcome to the forums :D
High visibility pixels must be worn when on or about the line !!
Itareus
Past 250!
Trainz Version: 06/TC3/09/10/12/TANE
Trainz Build: 4
Author KUID: 243828

Post by Itareus »

Hello and welcome Surrey,

You'll find the majority interest on this forum is 'modern image' (meaning, to me, anything after the demise of steam) but there are a few steam enthusiasts as well.

For that first route why not build a model railway in Trainz ? You could start off by copying a 'plan of the month' from the Railway Modeller or buying some of the plan books by CJ Freezer (Peco Publications). Small routes(layouts) like this are more manageable than trying to do Penzance to Thurso !

I recently published a model railway style route to the DLS (C+ 14 Westwold RC1,<kuid:243828:100430> and (C+ 14 Westwold RC1,<kuid:243828:100431>).

Cheers

Chris
SurreyB4Class
New Starter

Post by SurreyB4Class »

Itareus wrote:Hello and welcome Surrey,

You'll find the majority interest on this forum is 'modern image' (meaning, to me, anything after the demise of steam) but there are a few steam enthusiasts as well.

For that first route why not build a model railway in Trainz ? You could start off by copying a 'plan of the month' from the Railway Modeller or buying some of the plan books by CJ Freezer (Peco Publications). Small routes(layouts) like this are more manageable than trying to do Penzance to Thurso !

I recently published a model railway style route to the DLS (C+ 14 Westwold RC1,<kuid:243828:100430> and (C+ 14 Westwold RC1,<kuid:243828:100431>).
Yeah, I kinda noticed the mdoern image thing. Little disappointing, definitely impacts how likely I am to stick around.
but thanks for the info, anyway.
PFX
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 119450

Post by PFX »

Not the best introduction I've seen. 'Hi, I'm new to your forum but it's not very good.'

To be honest, what this forum lacks in content catering for your specific taste is probably more than made up for by the experience of its users. If you have issues with Trainz, it's more likely you'll get a useful, not to mention civil, response here than you will elsewhere, plus the majority of users are focused solely on UK railways.

I'd suggest it would be worth sticking around for access to that expereince alone, and there's nothing to stop you creating a steam specific thread (if there isn't one already) where other like-minded individuals would be more likely to post. There is steam here, it's just fairly spread out.

Welcome aboard anyway.
SurreyB4Class
New Starter

Post by SurreyB4Class »

PFX wrote:Not the best introduction I've seen. 'Hi, I'm new to your forum but it's not very good.'

To be honest, what this forum lacks in content catering for your specific taste is probably more than made up for by the experience of its users. If you have issues with Trainz, it's more likely you'll get a useful, not to mention civil, response here than you will elsewhere, plus the majority of users are focused solely on UK railways.

I'd suggest it would be worth sticking around for access to that expereince alone, and there's nothing to stop you creating a steam specific thread (if there isn't one already) where other like-minded individuals would be more likely to post. There is steam here, it's just fairly spread out.

Welcome aboard anyway.
Well, sorry that I couldn't exactly preview the place without making an account >_>

But yeah, I'll stick around for that, anyway.