Has it really been 5 years

New members please feel free to introduce yourself to everyone.
bsillett
Milepost 3

Has it really been 5 years

Post by bsillett »

Hi everyone, wow can't believe that it has been five years since I posted on here. Just thought I would re-introduce myself after my long absence ( playing another train sim *cough*).
Had a quick trawl threw some of the posts on here and can't wait to get back to running Trainz again (once I can get it working again).
Recognize a few old names on here and there seems to be loads of new ones.
Can I just add that the content creators do a smashing job, but things take time, they don't do this as a full time job. They may only be able to commit a few hours a week to creating new items, so please be patient and don't pester them with "is it ready yet" or "where can I get that from" when they show a work in progress. Good things come to those who wait.

So guys, great to be back, hope to spend a lot of time on here.
Brian :D
gamerouche
Past 250!

Re: Has it really been 5 years

Post by gamerouche »

Hello Brian, good to see you back, I always find your billboards useful.

Do let us know if you have any others which may not have been released. There's always room for variety.

Gam
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 123794
Author KUID: 45317

Post by Nexusdj »

Welcome back , more billboards definitely ;)
High visibility pixels must be worn when on or about the line !!
bsillett
Milepost 3

Post by bsillett »

Having a major issue at the moment with trainz2012, won't let me update from 44992 and when I try to use the content manager and do a search for authors ie nexusdj it says there is no items to display and will not show any content that nex has created. Also finding it bloody frustrating that everytime I try to use the program it goes into this update asset database thing and takes a while to update assets.

On the Billboard front, I will get around to doing some more modern ones soon, and I'm also trying to make some reskins of shop fronts into things like WHSmith, Subway, etc to use at terminus stations.

Just as soon as I have trainz up and running, I'll get onto some reskinning.
Cheers

Dave, I saw your Javelin on here and wondered where it may be downloaded from.
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran

Post by Nexusdj »

Javelin download is on page 2 of the 395 thread : http://forum.british-trainz.co.uk/viewt ... n&start=15

TS12 : when you initially start it up click on the options tab , then click the developer tab and tick the "Show database process windows" box

This will cause the Taddaemon program to show up on your task bar
(this is what it looks like when opened and running normally / Complaining about missing dependencies :lol: )

When you shut down TS12 you need to make sure that Taddaemon has closed down fully before closing down your computer .

Note that TS12 will need to build it's database when it's first installed , or rebuild it if it gets corrupted .
Have you also filled in your username , password and kuid number in the options tab and also in CMP ?
bsillett
Milepost 3

Post by bsillett »

Thanks for that Dave. Content manager seems to be working now.
Brian
PeruvianLlama
Milepost 5
Trainz Version: 2010
Trainz Build: 0
Author KUID: 382154

Post by PeruvianLlama »

Hello Brian,

Good to see you Sir. I hope all is well for you. :)

Regards
Arthur
Scotrail DBSO nutter...
bsillett
Milepost 3

Post by bsillett »

Still having a few issues trying to get past build 44992. Work on new billboards coming along nicely.

Gam if you have any requests for billboards let me know.
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran

Post by Nexusdj »

Try running the update with your antivirus turned off (make sure your disconnected from the net !) ?
I've always found its easier to start with a fresh install of TS12 , then add the service packs one after the other without starting the main part of the sim at any of the stages , until its completely updated .
bsillett
Milepost 3

Post by bsillett »

Good afternoon Dave. reinstalled Trainz 2012, turned on auto patch and it got so far and comes up with an error message stating that" Failed to patch Builtin\ts12c.ja, file contents do not match".
So I tried to patch it using a downloaded service pack yet it came up with the same message.

Bought my version as a digital download, looked at my purchase history on my profile on "mytrainz" but it only shows up my FCT's as far as 2009. I have a ticket that I purchased recently but that does not show in history.

Getting frustrated now because I had the thing working and patched to 61388 until my hard drive stopped working, installed new HD and now the bloody thing wont patch.

Maybe I should just go and get Tane.
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran

Post by Nexusdj »

TANE , Current version probably not but if they fix a lot of the minor problems then the release version in a few days might be an idea , Though you will need a fairly powerful system to get full use out of the new features . Shadows and post processing can be turned off but your back into TS12 territory . Note also that a fair bit of modern (diesel /electric era) content from the DLS is broken in TANE due to the icon entry pointing to an actual texture instead of the texture notepad file in the config file .

As a footnote have you checked all of the available service packs for 12 , I seem to remember that one of the packs jumps over a minor update pack (minor pack may be causing the update failure ?) .
bsillett
Milepost 3

Post by bsillett »

I've tried a lot of the updates.
49922 to 58414 hotfix 3 sp1
49922 to 57722 sp1
49922 to 61288 hotfix 4

None of them work. Same message appears on all attempts.

Sending a message to helpdesk to see if they can help as to where my download version was from.
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran

Post by Nexusdj »

Have you looked through the available packs on Shane's site ?
http://trainz.shaneturner.co.uk/tutoria ... vice-packs
bsillett
Milepost 3

Post by bsillett »

Ok, so following advice on the trainz site I have reloaded my download from Simcentral and did a reinstall. Guess what.............................It worked.
Now have a working copy of trainz 2012 build 63992 happy days,
Thanks for everyone's help in this and has soon has I have some decent wips of my new billboards I'll post them on here (in the correct thread of course).

Once again thanks guys.

Now just need to get that Javelin to work (51 errors about colors???) and I will be a happy old git.
bsillett
Milepost 3

Post by bsillett »

Yes I'm bumping my own thread......No longer using TS12, spent a little while away from trainz Now using TANE and awaiting the next patch fix.

Been very busy reskinning Smileyman's billboards. I have around 50 waiting to be sent to the DLS . I know Smileyman gave me permission to reskin his billboards (years ago) and I'm not sure if that permission still stands. I did PM him on here and trainz forum site but I notice he doesn't come on here (or trainz forum) much. If anyone has his email address, I would be truly thankfull.

The billboard reskins awaiting uploading are mainly modern era. Once finished I will do some more, probably 1980's style.