Track and trains disappearing temporarily

Skipper12
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TS12
Trainz Build: 61388

Track and trains disappearing temporarily

Post by Skipper12 »

Hi all,

I'm sorry if this has already been asked on these forums but I couldn't find anything that looked relevant.
When using one of my own routes in driver mode, I am finding that sections of track disappear for a short time. So far as the game is concerned, the track is still there as all trains run over the 'missing' sections with no problems- it just looks terrible. I have already replaced the track I am using using the replace asset tool, but the same effect still happens. The route is not particularly large so I doubt that would be the cause.

Also, some of the coaches/wagons in the train disappear as I am driving. Again, the game still behaves as if they are there, they just aren't visible. I am assuming that the problems are related.
I am only experiencing these problems on the one route, none of the others I have are effected.

I was wondering if anyone has experienced this and if so if any fixes were found?
I am using TS12 build 61388 if that helps.

Thanks in advance, Tim.
Keep Calm and PLAY TRAINZ!
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Re: Track and trains disappearing temporarily

Post by clam1952 »

The disappearing rolling stock issue is why I don't use 61388 for anything other than testing.
Seems to be related to the tracking cameras changing view.

The track issue only seen it a couple of times no idea what's causing it.
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
Chris1955
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TRS2006,TC3,TS2010
Trainz Build: 49933
Author KUID: 347716

Post by Chris1955 »

Skipper/Clam,

I have a similar issue on one route in 2010, the same place every time; trains there but no track (even with new track). I remember posting a query on this on the old forum before it closed down and the answer I was given was something to do with a ground texturing issue.
I tried retexturing the track area, it helped a bit but it never completely cleared the problem.

Chris A.
Skipper12
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TS12
Trainz Build: 61388

Post by Skipper12 »

Thanks guys- sounds like it's just something I am going to have to live with for the time being. :roll:
Thanks anyway!
Keep Calm and PLAY TRAINZ!