problems problems problems

macneil
Past 250!
Trainz Version: 2010

problems problems problems

Post by macneil »

Hey guys/girls been back in trainz for about A month now and already on the verge of leaving due to the unreliability of this program I have never known such A unreliable game.

First problem is if content manager is downloading in the background while using trainz it can randomly freeze which causes trainz to freeze the only way out of it is control alt delete which leads to the second problem.

Being that once trainz has been launched once it wont launch again untill computer has been restarted which brings me to problem 3.

Taddaemon refuses to close I even left it running and went to sleep and 5 hours later it was still there which results in A database repair the next day so basically every day or second day I have to wait for it to do A data base repair this also happens from game crashes not caused by content manager crashing.

Cheers.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Itareus
Past 250!
Trainz Version: 06/TC3/09/10/12/TANE
Trainz Build: 4
Author KUID: 243828

Re: problems problems problems

Post by Itareus »

The fact that this sort of thing happens to you and not to the vast majority of other users should give you a clue as to the reason, it must be something to do with your hardware / software setup.

Check out some basic things like :

Is your PC up to the required spec ?

Have you got a load of programs running in the background ?

Are you running Trainz as Administrator ?

Do you wait for Taddaemon to finish before you shut your PC down ? If you 'force finish' it are you doing so cleanly ?

etc., etc.

Also the TS12 CM is known to be buggy, it's best if you don't try and run Trainz while CM is still downloading - this is probably causing read/write conflicts in the database.

More questions than answers I know but but I have been running TS12 since it came out and have had no problems of the sort you describe.

Of course you could always upgrade to TANE :)

Chris
macneil
Past 250!
Trainz Version: 2010

Re: problems problems problems

Post by macneil »

Thanks Itareus all seemed well till I had to do A reinstall my computer handled trainz fine before I have sometimes left the computer on overnight after closing trainz and taddamon is still there.

Im also running it as an administrator I have A copy of TANE but its unplayable on my computer.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us