Discuss routes currently being created.
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 123794
Author KUID: 45317

Re: Wendsey

Post by Nexusdj »

James are you aware that a user under the name of piegem has uploaded your Wendsey TS2009 test route plus session to the DLS ?
Kuid:94531:100257 route
Kuid:94531:100258 session

Fudginator and myself have had the same author upload a clone of Midshire V3 to the DLS today (unauthorised) .
I've put a ticket in with the helpdesk to get it removed .
High visibility pixels must be worn when on or about the line !!
Mightyena
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 688183

Post by Mightyena »

Yes, I saw it a little while ago by total accident (SP1 doing its usual broken dance). Not really sure what to do about it though, would getting in touch with the helpdesk be the best solution? I can just see them turning round and saying something along the lines of "well you uploaded it to the DLS, so anyone can modify it" etc.

Thanks for the heads-up though!

James
James M, creator of the
network
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran

Post by Nexusdj »

Uploading to the DLS only gives some permissions to N3V to make alterations , use in a release version of Trainz etc. As the original author you still have rights over your work and just because its on the DLS doesn't give other users rights to alter and or upload it , unless a license agreement included with the route specifies it .

I've checked over Midshire and apart from some missing track at one end of the route it is exactly the same as the version I uploaded nearly 4 years ago (apart from the build number) ! I could understand somebody trying to alter it so that it would work with Multiplayer (though that would still be wrong) but this version still contains third party content from non DLS sources .
Briggsy
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS2019 + TANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105096
Author KUID: 630773

Post by Briggsy »

What on earth do people get out of doing things like that - other than trying to take glory for other people's work? :?
Mightyena
Forum Veteran

Post by Mightyena »

Hey everyone!

Just another update on Wendsey from me today. I've been doing a pretty comprehensive rebuild of (eventually) the whole route, although for now it's just Wendsey Central that's been updated I do also need to put together a new map to represent the new HTU (Hayden Trains "Unity") branding, and to show the changes to the route layout. Too much work for now though, so instead, here are some shots of the current stages of the rebuild:

It's still nowhere near complete, but I wanted to show how the route is coming along, since it's been pretty silent for a while. Personally, I think it's a massive improvement over the old version from earlier in the thread (well, I ought to! :lol:). What do you guys think?
James M, creator of the
network
Dannypenguin
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TRS2006, TS2009 SP4
Trainz Build: 44653
Author KUID: 73387

Post by Dannypenguin »

Lookin' nice :)
Dan W
aka Dannypenguin

"Who says I can't derail my train there?"
klambert
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2012 TANE
Trainz Build: 61297
Author KUID: 393563

Post by klambert »

Looking rather splendid and I like how you've used the airport terminal spline as a modern footbridge. That's given me a few ideas of my own.
http://berkshiretrainz.webs.com/

Great Bolshy Yarblockos!
Mightyena
Forum Veteran

Post by Mightyena »

The latest Wendsey route map is complete:

This is what I'm still building towards... I may have been overly ambitious... :shock:

Also, I finally managed to get Wendsey working in T:ANE. Here are a few images from the new era of Wendsey:

Last edited by Mightyena on Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James M, creator of the
network
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2006 2012 T:ANE SP3
Author KUID: 214658

Post by cyberdonblue »

T:ANE does your route justice, James. It looks even better. I look forward to some more pics pretty soon. Keep up the great work.

Dave
Mightyena
Forum Veteran

Post by Mightyena »

Thank you! Unfortunately T:ANE has left the route in a bit of a sorry state for now (not as bad as when TS12 deleted half my scenery, but still...); All the track connected to any AJS track templates (the ramps or terminal templates) has become un-straightened and I can't select it, half my tunnel portals are floating 3m off the ground (the track they're attached to is still at ground height however) and a load of splines only show as the double white line even though they're installed and error-free... Grumble... I guess it looks like I'll be continuing this one in TS12, and porting it over to T:ANE when it's finished!
James M, creator of the
network
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2006 2012 T:ANE SP3
Author KUID: 214658

Post by cyberdonblue »

Yeah, that's why I gave up trying to import my stuff into T:ANE and started a new project - something you couldn't realistically do after all that work on Wendsey. It's crazy really because most of the assets are now available to download in T:ANE anyway; but for some reason T:ANE doesn't like you importing them from a previous version of Trainz.

Keep persevering though, James. I know it's a lot of extra work but would the "replace asset" command be of any use in your situation?

Dave
Mightyena
Forum Veteran

Post by Mightyena »

Been a little while since I've posted on here, personal life has a habit of interfering with Trainz :lol:

Anyway, been doing a little revamp of Wendsey, now on its 5th design! Looks pretty similar to version 4, just with more platforms, and a revised station throat:

James M, creator of the
network
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran

Post by Nexusdj »

Looks superb James :D
Mightyena
Forum Veteran

Post by Mightyena »

Done a bit more work on the north end of Wendsey Central...

Looking northbound, showing the new flower garden on Platforms 3&9 (Platform numbers are slightly weird due to station upgrades, platforms 8 and 9 are in between platforms 2 and 3):

A rare sight at Central, as 478107 arrives into platform 3 with a terminating service. The 478/0 and /1s almost never visit Central, being confined mainly to the Hayden mainline and Wendsey Queen's Park lines:

An unidentified class 477/9 calls with a Hadley Junction service:

Interesting shot, showing 2x Dartham Transport class 474/5s, as well as one of Hayden Trains' new class 474/7 Orbital units undergoing testing, showing off the Hayden Trains 2018 livery:

James M, creator of the
network
car112
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TRS19
Trainz Build: 116313
Author KUID: 533914

Post by car112 »

Very impressive! Once this route is released, would it be alright for someone to add passenger enabled invisible station platforms to the already existing platforms? I prefer for trains to be loaded with passengers, terminate respectively at a terminus, and not be empty all the time.