Vanished Product

Gltagaman
New Starter
Trainz Version: 2012
Trainz Build: 49222
Author KUID: 0

Vanished Product

Post by Gltagaman »

I recently used Hotfix4 to update my build from 49222 to 61388.
My previously purchased add-ons have disappeared. There is a list on 'Configure Trainz' all appended 61349 but I can only find the product codes on some of my printed invoices from the downloads. Items such as the Duchess, Settle and Carlisle and A Feast of Modernisation are included. In addition I have a code for my original 'Railway Simulator powered by Trainz12 (which applies to my original DVD supplied by Just Trains) and a code for Railway Simulator.
There appears to be no mention of 'Products' in the printed manual.
Help please?
Thanks G.
shaneturner12
Past 250!
Trainz Version: TS12/TANE CE
Trainz Build: 61388
Author KUID: 234888

Re: Vanished Product

Post by shaneturner12 »

I can advise on what's happened there, which is a direct consequence of the patching process.

You will now need to register your addon serial numbers at https://www.auran.com/planetauran/DLC_Voucher.php. By doing this and opening the game itself, this will trigger a download for the content you paid for.

Shane
Gltagaman
New Starter

Post by Gltagaman »

Many thanks Shane. I will get on to the registration.
Regards
G.
Gltagaman
New Starter

Post by Gltagaman »

I went to the Auran site and attempted to enter the serial numbers individually. It told me they had already been registered and refused to go further. . I tried Trainz Portal: and it would not understand the question. I started the game but nothing had appeared. Any more suggestions, please?
Thanks G.
shaneturner12
Past 250!
Trainz Version: TS12/TANE CE
Trainz Build: 61388
Author KUID: 234888

Post by shaneturner12 »

Do they appear on the Serial Number page? If not, you need to contact N3V's Helpdesk regarding that issue.

Shane
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Post by clam1952 »

This wouldn't be another case of two usernames?
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
Gltagaman
New Starter

Post by Gltagaman »

Thank you Shane and Clan1952 for your replies. I have now found my invoices and e-mails with Auran Support going back to 2011 - my initial purchase. This has enabled me to identify all but 2 of the missing products.I changed my e-mail address in 2012 but can't find evidence of change of username. I have found the serial numbers in Configure Trainz Display Settings. Would they appear somewhere also?

Thanks for your continuing help G.
Gltagaman
New Starter

Post by Gltagaman »

I notice on Trainz Portal support that the 'Support operator' is Zec Murphy, who I corresponded by e-mail between 2011 and 2012. However I cannot find an e-mail address to take up my queries as this might resolve the impasse of being unable to get an answer from the 'Portal'. Do you have a contact e-mail?
My fallback position is that I bought a new Trainz Simulator Special Edition from Game. It came with addons for Coronation Scot and Aerotrain. If I buy the Locomotives 1 pack and the Settle & Carlisle from Trainz, this should get me back to my lost position: subject to registration. I feel aggrieved that I would have to spend out £75+ to return to my previous position because of the intractability of the Trainz support system.
Any thoughts?
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Post by clam1952 »

There is no email for the help desk, all has to be done via the helpdesk portal, however, not the first time people have had problems with the registration for the add-ons from Game, seems they omitted to provide the serial numbers in some cases, as you have previously had them working though that may not be the problem, probably need to find the documentation from Game. Helpdesk normally has a large backlog so I wouldn't give up on them just yet, Zec is still doing the Helpdesk however there is also an idiot working on the help desk. I'd resubmit the ticket and put FAO Zec Murphy + nature of the problem on the Title line, hopefully then the idiot won't get to it first!

Or Post on the N3V forums which Zec does monitor. I'd refer to it as DLC payware by the way not product, product may be mistaken for an in game asset problem and not given any priority.
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 123794
Author KUID: 45317

Post by Nexusdj »

clam1952 wrote: Or Post on the N3V forums which Zec does monitor. I'd refer to it as DLC payware by the way not product, product may be mistaken for an in game asset problem and not given any priority.
Yep , that's exactly what I thought when I read the title of this thread .
High visibility pixels must be worn when on or about the line !!
Gltagaman
New Starter

Post by Gltagaman »

Thank you Clam 1952 and Nexusdj.
I'll follow your advice and see what happens.
G.
Gltagaman
New Starter

Post by Gltagaman »

I finally got through to questions at Trainz Portal: posted a question....and await a reply.
G.
Brightonman
New Starter
Trainz Version: TS12
Trainz Build: 63188

Post by Brightonman »

Many thanks to Clam1952 and others for your help. I received this weekend an e-mail from N3V that they had fixed the problem - due to a confusion of Usernames and e-mails and all lost DLC payware has been recovered..
Kind regards. G.