Referendum: In or Out

clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Re: Referendum: In or Out

Post by clam1952 »

Invoke Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty now petition https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/133618

Think our lazy politicians need a kick up the backside.
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2006 2012 T:ANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 214658

Post by cyberdonblue »

Cheers Clam. I've just signed it. Batten down the hatches too. Thatcher the second is on her way :cry:

Dave
Briggsy
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS2019 + TANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105096
Author KUID: 630773

Post by Briggsy »

clam1952 wrote:Invoke Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty now petition https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/133618

Think our lazy politicians need a kick up the backside.
I'm very sceptical as to whether this will ever happen.

It wouldn't surprise me if they drag it out for as long as possible until the public have bigger fish to fry than the In/Out debates that STILL appear to be going on over Facebook, forums and the media.

Once the novelty has worn off, and people get buried in other news, it wouldn't surprise me if the government deliberately keep stalling on it forever more.
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2006 2012 T:ANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 214658

Post by cyberdonblue »

Briggsy wrote:...it wouldn't surprise me if the government deliberately keep stalling on it forever more.
Especially if May gets the Tory leadership, as expected. There's already the threat of a legal challenge claiming that an Act of Parliament (therefore an MP's vote) is required to trigger Article 50.

And if democracy is debated and decided upon in such a brain dead environment as Facecrap then the World as we know it is dead. Those who have nothing better to do than put their every action onto a website are highly insecure, very troubled, sad and dangerous individuals. Are they now going to be allowed to dictate to the more sane amongst us?

Dave
klambert
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2012 TANE
Trainz Build: 61297
Author KUID: 393563

Post by klambert »

cyberdonblue wrote:
Briggsy wrote:...it wouldn't surprise me if the government deliberately keep stalling on it forever more.
Especially if May gets the Tory leadership, as expected. There's already the threat of a legal challenge claiming that an Act of Parliament (therefore an MP's vote) is required to trigger Article 50.

And if democracy is debated and decided upon in such a brain dead environment as Facecrap then the World as we know it is dead. Those who have nothing better to do than put their every action onto a website are highly insecure, very troubled, sad and dangerous individuals. Are they now going to be allowed to dictate to the more sane amongst us?

Dave
I would say about 80% of Faecebook (not a typo) is pretty brain dead, but it I find it's often a reflection of any form of media, 80% of any media is pretty brain dead, although the good thing about Facebook is you can whittle the levels of thickery down. I unfollow anyone as soon as they post a baby photo or the usual indirect status about whoever's annoyed them that week.

Although it is good to see the amount of people openly debating political topics in an environment such as Facebook. I partly think it's why people are re-engaging with politics again.
http://berkshiretrainz.webs.com/

Great Bolshy Yarblockos!
Briggsy
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS2019 + TANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105096
Author KUID: 630773

Post by Briggsy »

klambert wrote:I unfollow anyone as soon as they post a baby photo or the usual indirect status about whoever's annoyed them that week.
haha this is so true!

I particularly like the ones where people are saying things like "I heard what you said about me you stupid cow. If you say anything about me again behind my back, I'm gonna knock you out".

Yes, the person that is threatening to knock someone out is so "hard" that they had to say it via Facebook because they didn't have the guts to say it to their face..... *facepalm*
Past 500!
Trainz Version: 12, TANE
Trainz Build: 74702
Author KUID: 431172

Post by 73129 »

I think for the time being it is best to lock this thread.

The event has passed and a new PM appointed.

Feel free to start a new thread if need be with a new title.
tommietomato2 on Auran forums
Retired moderator.