Locos, DMUs, EMUs, Carriages etc.
Briggsy
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS2019 + TANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105096
Author KUID: 630773

Re: New Class 37 & Cabin

Post by Briggsy »

It's a nice model and has potential - but it's been released too early. There's some glaring omissions - such as the ETH cables.

I must admit, I still think Pikkabird's model is good for its age.
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 123794
Author KUID: 45317

Post by Nexusdj »

I tried to get this information about missing details etc. over to the author via the thread on the Auran forum the other night but a couple of UK armchair enthusiasts told me I was being rude etc. . Obviously in their eyes as long as its 37 shaped then its all good :roll:

I wouldn't mind but if it wasn't for my previous posts on the authors class 37 build thread then the current set of loco's wouldn't have rain strips , the cab side grills would be too far inset and the BR logo would of been reversed on the BR blue versions , The latter a lot of people missed even though it was glaringly obvious in the large side shot that the author posted .

So I'm done trying to inform the author , I can live with Pikkabirds 37 as it still holds its head above the water (even if it is 12 years old !) and without permission to distribute reskins of the new loco plus its DLS unfriendliness then I cant see this new version going anywhere fast , unless the author keeps churning out liveries and lets face it there are lots to cover ;)
High visibility pixels must be worn when on or about the line !!
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2006 2012 T:ANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 214658

Post by cyberdonblue »

Unfortunately, some of the Auran threads can bring out the worst in you. I'm all for discussion but pig-headed ignorance can sometimes be the order of the day over there and it doesn't do your blood pressure much good. You are better keeping your knowledge and experience to yourself and perhaps just sharing it in these parts if requested to do so (or as helpful, constructive criticism such as Dave [Nexusdj] offered to the new Class 37 author.)

I, myself, have always tried to remain civil but, I'm ashamed to say, I have failed miserably on a couple of occasions on the Auran site and so I now feel it's better to abstain and to remain a sociable British member mostly. I visit the Auran site occasionally these days but I offer no comment. That way I can't offend anyone nor they me.

Dave
blackwatch13
Past 500!
Trainz Version: TRS 2019
Author KUID: 222042

Post by blackwatch13 »

Dave, over there you have to tug the forlock & bow to the ................

United
States
of
Auran

....... coz the yanks know better than us lowly Brits (we only invented the railway) :lol:
Tane SP3 build 94916 + SnC & Duchess
matruck
Milepost 1
Trainz Version: TS12 SP1
Trainz Build: 61388
Author KUID: 287284

Post by matruck »

As a bit of a creator sum times it is near on impossible to find out the details you are after to really make a model look amazing, Actually hearing from or finding a driver of a said model who was prepared to help with advice would be a gold mine worth grabbing with both hands in my opinion anyway LOL.
I thought SRS did a pretty good job myself but my only experience with the Class 37 is from RW or what i have found on the Net so i really have no say in it at all but I'll still use it for sure. The Class 37 is an absolutely amazing loco i would love to make myself one day with more experience under my belt.
Cheers Mick. :D
Briggsy
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS2019 + TANE SP3
Author KUID: 630773

Post by Briggsy »

Auran forum in meltdown shocker. I hate that place with a passion.

I don't get why some creators get so arsey about things being pointed out. If I was a creator, I'd welcome it because two sets of eyes are better than one. Things get missed - and that's why proof reading is a profession. If mistakes weren't made or things weren't left out, proof readers wouldn't be needed.

The Class 37 in particular needs an extra set of eyes because there were so many different variations. The Class 37 and 47 must be a nightmare to create due to all of the variations.

The problem with the Auran forum is that they're always looking for an argument. Rather than taking it as a positive or constructive criticism, they have the view of "OMG you can't say that" or "we're yanks - we're never wrong" - and then World War 3 breaks out.

I'm so glad that members of the Auran forum aren't world leaders - they'd have dropped nuclear bombs on the world years ago.
blackwatch13
Past 500!
Trainz Version: TRS 2019
Author KUID: 222042

Post by blackwatch13 »

:o Don't go giving them idea's Briggsy !!!!, they might try taking that one up (well, maybe on the Russians) :lol:
Tane SP3 build 94916 + SnC & Duchess
PFX
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 119450

Post by PFX »

Briggsy, it wasn't the content creator who lost the bap, it was a couple of know it alls who took it upon themselves to describe feedback (perfectly legitimate positive feedback in this case) as abuse. SRS had already taken on board a number of nexusdj's suggestions which had led to improvements in early versions of the model.

I rarely post on the N3V forum precisely because of numpties like that.
ZEUS1425
Milepost 1
Trainz Version: T:ANE SP1 HF3
Trainz Build: 4
Author KUID: 671181

Post by ZEUS1425 »

SRS is Sri Lankan just to let you guys know.
fudginator
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TANE SP4
Trainz Build: 105766

Post by fudginator »

It's not surprising really Briggsy.....
Chances are big Donny T is going to make it to the White House, so that being the case your bound to have a few NRA loving Yankie hoot toots on the Auran forum, now aren't you?
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Post by clam1952 »

Hasn't been any major fallings out on the N3V forum for many weeks now, in fact there was more trouble recently on that forum some moved to to avoid it!

Seems to me that most, due to some better moderating are getting the message that bad behaviour isn't on.

Malc
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
Past 500!
Trainz Version: 12, TANE
Trainz Build: 74702
Author KUID: 431172

Post by 73129 »

I've taken a look at this and I can say this isn't as good as Pikka's original. In my eyes there are far more advantages to his model that this new one doesn't have.
tommietomato2 on Auran forums
Retired moderator.
matruck
Milepost 1

Post by matruck »

SRS has just put a couple of his meshs up for sale one being the 37 Class, Certainly sum-thing i am considering but a question for the experts here who have had a look at the model in game would this make a great base model to build upon ?.
Cheers Mick.
pacerguy
Past 250!
Trainz Build: 0

Post by pacerguy »

hurts my eys 2 realistic i can make better one with more sqaure edges and decals made in paint
and here is the better one i as in me is not release it you drive mine not you miss out
took 5 minutes to make in total LOLOL
matruck
Milepost 1

Post by matruck »

Thank you for such an intelligent response.
Mick.