Uploading a route to the DLS

Skipper12
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TS12
Trainz Build: 61388

Uploading a route to the DLS

Post by Skipper12 »

Hi all, apologies if something like this has already been posted on the forum but the search function didn't throw up anything obvious.....
I was wondering if anyone knows where I could find a good description of how to upload a route to the DLS. I have got a route nearly ready (just some final details and testing to go now) and would like to upload it, but I remember seeing a discussion about how just throwing it into the 'upload' box would not work very satisfactorily. It's also worth noting that the route has got some S&C content, but I know some of it was uploaded to the DLS recently so it may work but it may not.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks, Tim
Keep Calm and PLAY TRAINZ!
davies_mike57
Milepost 7
Trainz Version: 12 SP1
Author KUID: 102457

Re: Uploading a route to the DLS

Post by davies_mike57 »

Tim

You will also need to add a 240x180 pixel .jpeg screenshot (if not already have one for the route/session made by the editor).
You can use the Content Creator Plus tool that comes with Content Manager to add a screen shot.

You need to save the route or session in the form of a CDP file using the Content Manager somewhere to your hard drive.

Go to this site and log in with your trainz account member name:

https://www.auran.com/planetauran/YC_main.php

On the lower left hand side of the page click on the tab Your Content.

And then follow the online instuctions:

Upload Content
This facility allows you to upload Trainz content you have created, these files will have a file extension of 'cdp' (e.g. "upload.cdp"). When uploading you can specify if you wish to use the preview area (see "Preview Area" below).

Unprocessed
This will display files that have been successfully uploaded but are yet to be processed. If you have uploaded content by mistake, you can to cancel the processing of that content in this area.

Automated Processing of Files
Your content will be processed and checked for any issues on the N3V Games servers, if your content fails this step you will receive a mailbox message stating the issues. Once fixed you can re-upload the content.

If your content is successfully processed it will either go to the "Preview Area" or the "Waiting Area".

Preview Area
Your content will go into this area if specified during Step 1.

This area allows you to view how the Download Station has processed your content and allows you to update, approve or decline your content.

Update: You can upload a new version of content. This can only be done while the content is in the Preview Area.

Approve: This will send your content to the "Waiting Area".

Decline: This removes your content.

Waiting Area
Your content is approved by the Trainz team. Once approved you will receive a mailbox message and your content will be made available on the Download Station within about 48 hours. If your content is rejected it will be removed and you will receive a mailbox message stating why.

Your Content
This allows you to list and search content that you have uploaded to the Download Station.

When the route is processed on the automated DLS asset checker they will notify you by email and/or your website Mailbox if there are any missing KUIDS in the route not on the DLS.

Good luck.
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 123794
Author KUID: 45317

Post by Nexusdj »

Regarding the thumbnail you can go for a larger image if you want so that you can add more screenshots from the route . On Duchy Days we used an image that is 512x512 pixels in size . The thumbnail is also used for the route picture when selecting routes in the game .

Remember to add a good description about the route , not too long but with enough information such as route length , era , industries , yards , stations , Uses all DLS only content etc.

Important : If you have used third party freeware or payware (S&C , Potteries loop line etc.) be sure to state that clearly in the route description . Failure to do that will probably end up causing you no end of grief on the forums .

If its a TANE route make sure to add in if its built in the standard or deluxe versions , I've lost count on the amount of routes I've already downloaded and then deleted as they used deluxe dependencies (I have the standard version) and yet they didn't state it in the route description !!
High visibility pixels must be worn when on or about the line !!
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Post by clam1952 »

Need to know what version Trainz this is for as the OP only appears to have 2010? If it's under 3.5 it will just end up in the CRG list.

If it's TANE? the screenshot can be easily created in Edit route from surveyor and is actually 512x384 here, probably based on screen resolution TANE accepts larger screenshots for Routes. There is no Content Creator Plus in TANE.
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
Skipper12
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TS12

Post by Skipper12 »

Thanks all very much for your help.

The route is in TS12 (build 61388). I'll give uploading a go once I've finished tinkering around with the final bits and bobs. If the route makes it onto the DLS i will post on the 'Routes' section of this forum along with some screenshots.

Thanks again, Tim
Keep Calm and PLAY TRAINZ!