Faulty Dep 37's

Support for technical issues with Trainz or CMP. (Errors, crashes, faults, problems, install help, etc...)
TheGamingBloke
Milepost 3
Trainz Version: Trainz Mac

Faulty Dep 37's

Post by TheGamingBloke »

I finally bought a first class ticket and id like to download some nice british content, so i head over to warbo40 and download some of his 37's and 47's(when i mean some i mean all :drool: )
But some of the class 37s come up with a missing dependency, but ive searched on the internet and got hold of Smoothnose37.zip and 37_reskin_template2.zip :D

I drag them to the manager, the reskin template didnt do anything but installing the smoothnose37 changed the missing dep to a faulty dep, so i knew i found it :roll:

...but how can you fix it, or is there any fix to it? :?

The rest of warbos 37s were really good though one problem(i noticed, but its okay :P )

Whenever i zoom out, a bit farther from the 37, some turn into a sector 37?, I know its a reskin, but for me its really annoying :oops:

I tried searching the net for a fix but i have a mac so i had no idea what to do :(

Here is the reskin problem.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Woah, this text is really big!

Hey, this text is really small! :lol:
Warbo40
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TS2012 (SP1)/S&C
Trainz Build: 57898
Author KUID: 441222

Re: Faulty Dep 37's

Post by Warbo40 »

Think someone posted a solution to the reskin problem concerning when you pan out and view it from a distance but it was quite a while back now. Think it involved you by copy & paste the mesh from the aliased asset but obviously for personal use only. The thing about doing that you've really got to know what your doing as it can all go wrong very easily. It's always a good idea to save a copy of the original asset that your going to attempt to sort out as well before trying.

The aliased meshes you are on about are they 2512:2385 (smoothnose) and 2512:2382 by any chance ?
Work to live not live to work.
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Re: Faulty Dep 37's

Post by clam1952 »

Whenever i zoom out, a bit farther from the 37, some turn into a sector 37?, I know its a reskin, but for me its really annoying :oops:
It's due to the lod, fix for that disables the lod mesh, just change the main mesh xxxx.LM to xxxx.IM of course that will add in theory a slight performance hit
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/