Saints Row 3 + 4 on Steam

Smiley
Milepost 3
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 88460
Author KUID: 66277

Saints Row 3 + 4 on Steam

Post by Smiley »

Saints Row: The Third is available on Steam for £2.74 (includes 16 DLCs).

Saints Row IV is available for £2.99 (includes 27 DLCs).

Both offers expire in around 5 and a half hours from now.

I did post this on the Auran forums yesterday, asking the Mods to leave it on for a day before deleting it (seeing as they don't have off-topic over there), but it was deleted in less than 30 minutes. :roll:

2 superb games, for a steal.
If GTA is your sort of game, then go get these.
Saints Row is the game GTA wants to be! :lol:

Smiley.
blackwatch13
Past 500!
Trainz Version: TRS 2019
Trainz Build: 105096
Author KUID: 222042

Re: Saints Row 3 + 4 on Steam

Post by blackwatch13 »

Smiley wrote:I did post this on the Auran forums yesterday, asking the Mods to leave it on for a day before deleting it (seeing as they don't have off-topic over there), but it was deleted in less than 30 minutes. :roll:

Smiley.
Yes, that'll be Oknotsen, the guy has gone power crazy over putting threads in the "correct section", he's the
archetypal 'Jobsworth', the guy is a prat 1st class.
Tane SP3 build 94916 + SnC & Duchess
Smiley
Milepost 3

Post by Smiley »

blackwatch13 wrote:Yes, that'll be Oknotsen, the guy has gone power crazy over putting threads in the "correct section", he's the
archetypal 'Jobsworth', the guy is a prat 1st class.
Lol, I've seen many of his actions that back that up.
Most of the time, the guy is just plain rude, and rarely helpful.

After I noticed that the thread was deleted, I looked at the list of mods for that forum, and the "Last time active" for all of them was hours before I posted...except Oknotsen, who curiously does not show a Last Active message.
So it was either Tony or him, and my money would be on him.

He could have just left it for a day, so people could take advantage of the Steam offer.
Hardly going to take money out of N3Vs pocket, is it?
Jobsworth sounds about right.

Smiley.
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Post by clam1952 »

Think he's the only one actually doing any moderating, instead of jumping on new Trainzers and deleting harmless stuff he might be better employed in removing the Off Topic Android / Google fanboi crap that someone keeps hijacking threads with. Comes across as a bit abrupt in other areas he is active in as well, I put it down to being from Europe and not a natural English speaker.
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
Smiley
Milepost 3

Post by Smiley »

clam1952 wrote:Think he's the only one actually doing any moderating, instead of jumping on new Trainzers and deleting harmless stuff he might be better employed in removing the Off Topic Android / Google fanboi crap that someone keeps hijacking threads with. Comes across as a bit abrupt in other areas he is active in as well, I put it down to being from Europe and not a natural English speaker.
Oh, he speaks excellent English Malc.

I've seen plenty of evidence of this.
And occasionally I've seen him help people.
But as recently as Today, someone asked how to clone an asset in T:ANE, and he posted his usual about posting in the correct forum.
I mean, if you're going to post about that, then help the person out by telling them how to clone an asset!

Maybe he's on the Autistic spectrum.
I know that there are a couple in Trainz who are, and it is difficult for them to express themselves sometimes, and that they don't mean to sound rude.
But it definitely isn't his English.
And if it isn't Autism, then it's simply his attitude.

By the way, I'm not bothered either way, as I don't use the forums much anyway, but I do find it puzzling that he's allowed to be a moderator.
Still, nothing N3V do surprises me, so... :lol:

I haven't seen any of this Google/Android Fanboism in the threads I've read.
Macs/Pcs, Android/Apple, XBox/PS, Trainz/TS, etc, they're all just a means to an end.
People need to grow up.

Smiley.
clam1952
Forum Veteran

Post by clam1952 »

I think he was probably the only person that responded when they were looking for moderators!

Just seen that clone post, the OP is probably now wondering where his thread has gone.... least you answered the question ;o)
Cheers

Malc

Briggsy
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS2019 + TANE SP3
Author KUID: 630773

Post by Briggsy »

clam1952 wrote:I put it down to being from Europe and not a natural English speaker.
I put it down to it being the Auran forum.

That has to be one of the most depressing forums I've been on. Full of argumentative morons - mainly from across the pond.
Smiley
Milepost 3

Post by Smiley »

Briggsy wrote:I put it down to it being the Auran forum.
That has to be one of the most depressing forums I've been on. Full of argumentative morons - mainly from across the pond.
There are some good people there, most of who also come here now, but yeah, the place is ridiculous now.
I'm pretty much done there now.

Having tried to help someone, and then help get the Wiki going so it would be a good resource, Someone called BuilderBob (I REALLY hope he uses this place!) decided to be awkward for some reason, and then, you guessed it, Oknotsen jumped in and defended Bob (butthurt that I'd had a go at him a couple of days ago about not actually helping Josef. Why else would he bring it up straight away? :lol: )

Anyway, the moral of this story is; Don't try and help people over there.
While the people you help might appreciate it, some idiots will still try and be awkward for no reason, and they have a strange Mod that will back up their anti-social behaviour.

If the community hadn't been so good back in the days of Trainz 1.3/TRS2004/TRS2006, then it wouldn't bother me.

Anyway, here's the last post I made over there.
(Sorry if it's a bit big. I can scale it down if you like.)

http://hostthenpost.org/uploads/c755eb2 ... 17fc5b.jpg
MOD NOTE: Image changed to URL link as it did not comply with forum rules (image too large).

Be interesting to see how long it is before he deletes that post, and issues a ban! :lol:
(Edit: 8 minutes to delete that post! lol)
Too funny.

Smiley.
clam1952
Forum Veteran

Post by clam1952 »

Mods are supposed to be impartial or at least state they are not wearing the moderators hat when making a comment. (7 years as a mod both in forums and chat rooms)
To my mind all the mod needed to do in that thread was suggest agree to disagree and move on, no need to defend or point fingers or in this case flame the problem.
Cheers

Malc

Smiley
Milepost 3

Post by Smiley »

Exactly Malc.
His Ego just seems to make things worse.
Awful moderator.

Just got a private message from him saying that I have 50 point infraction (whatever that means), and that he didn't go for the higher one because I've been such a good boy for the last 9 years (not those exact words, but the same patronising tone! :lol: )

So, I just sent him this:
Your lack of diplomacy and tact, and your bias in your final reply in that thread shows that you should not, under any circumstances, be a moderator.
I am not the only one who thinks this.

Don't worry about how many points you add to the infraction, or how long it applies.
You are destroying these forums with your poor, rude and biased moderating, and I have no further use for these forums, or any of N3V's products (seeing as they endorse your behaviour), so a full ban is fine.

While you are at these forums, a lot of people would rather be elsewhere.

Happy Trainzing!

Smiley.
Sounds like I'm stamping my foot and taking my ball, but I'm really not.
It's just that every year or two I come back and convince myself that the old community spirit is going to be back, and it never it.
Making it a permanent ban will at least take away that temptation. :)

And I think T:ANE is about as good as it's going to get with Trainz.

And all I did was try to help someone that he couldn't be bothered to. :roll: :lol: :lol:

Smiley.
PFX
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 119450

Post by PFX »

Smiley,

I used to spend a lot of time on the N3V forum but over time, I've cut that down and only visit a few of the areas within the forum to keep up to date with things rather than get involved with useful debate. There's a distinct lack of that these days but I find British Trainz is, mostly, everything the N3V forum of old used to be and with very few exceptions, it's polite, useful and friendly.

Oknotsen probably has the forum equivalent of Hi Vis syndrome.
Smiley
Milepost 3

Post by Smiley »

PFX wrote:Oknotsen probably has the forum equivalent of Hi Vis syndrome.
Lol. That sounds about right.
After sending the above message to him, he replied with something like "Don't forget to send all complaints to Zec!"
He's so sure he's untouchable!

I'm not sure how N3V can allow him to dwindle their already small portion of a niche market like a Train Sim, and continue to make a profit.
You'd think they'd need all the help and support they can get.
Not my problem though.
Haven't been back, so can't say if I was banned or not! :lol:

If I get back into Trainz, I'll be sure to visit here more often.

All the best,
Smiley.
paulsw2
Past 250!
Trainz Build: 123801
Author KUID: 234086

Post by paulsw2 »

Interesting discussion. I had a signature on my N3V forum postings to advertise my Much Murkle route. No one had ever said anything about it or complained for several years when suddenly, out of the blue, I had a message from Oknotsen:
Could you please adjust your signature to within the maximum allowed sizes?
Your current signature has a height of 150 where the maximum is set to 100. See rule 18.2 of the CoC.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Such attention to detail!

Paul
Briggsy
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS2019 + TANE SP3
Author KUID: 630773

Post by Briggsy »

clam1952 wrote:Mods are supposed to be impartial or at least state they are not wearing the moderators hat when making a comment.
I agree. As a moderator of this forum, you will all agree with me too - otherwise you'll all be banned :P :twisted: :lol: