Ballast Texture Help

Support for technical issues with Trainz or CMP. (Errors, crashes, faults, problems, install help, etc...)
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2006 2012 T:ANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 214658

Ballast Texture Help

Post by cyberdonblue »

Does any body know if there is a ballast texture to match DMT Pro TRACK V2 Faded Wood, Light Brown Ballast by Scottish? I've been through everything I can find on my PC and on the DLS and there doesn't seem to be anything even close. Am I missing something? It wouldn't be the first time :lol: Any help appreciated. Thanks. :D

Cheers

Dave
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Re: Ballast Texture Help

Post by clam1952 »

Is it <kuid:359841:101103> DMT Pro Track Ballast Light Brown 2? which is on the DLS, pretty sure there were matching ballasts for all DMT track.
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran

Post by cyberdonblue »

No Malc, it's DMT Pro TRACK V2 Faded Wood, Light Brown Ballast <kuid:359841:100814>. All of these track assets are on the DLS and I thought I'd downloaded everything to do with them. I've searched the DLS for "textures"; "ballast textures"; "track textures"; "ground textures" and every other kind of textures I can think of with no results. I know T:ANE can be very finnicky at times about what you ask it to search for and on many occasions things I've been looking for have turned up under the wierdest of search titles. Like you though Malc, I thought there was a complete set of textures with these assets but, if there is, I can't find them anywhere.

Cheers

Dave
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Post by clam1952 »

I can see what the issue is the ballast on the track changes colour depending on what direction you are looking at the track from,

Try laying the Track North South use that Light Brown ballast texture and then look at it from both ends N to S it matches, S to N the Track ballast is way lighter so it doesn't.

Can't remember it doing that originally, probably something changed in his last mesh library update....
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
PFX
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 119450

Post by PFX »

I had the same trouble with a few textures which, on trying them in TANE, changed colour according to texture rotation or adopted a chequerboard pattern.
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran

Post by cyberdonblue »

Yeah, I've got a few textures that have gone all chequerboard fashion. Damn annoying. I've had a few things falling apart lately too so I've taken a break from my WIP before I bust a blood vessel :twisted: .

Busy playing Subnautica for now :lol: Quite calming really. :)

Cheers

Dave