TANE SP3 released

General Trainz discussion and questions.
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

TANE SP3 released

Post by clam1952 »

For anyone not using the "other place" just a heads up that TANE SP3 has been released.
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
Marky7890
Site Admin
Trainz Version: TRS2019
Trainz Build: 90945
Author KUID: 179051

Re: TANE SP3 released

Post by Marky7890 »

I can finally use my raildriver unit again :D
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 123794
Author KUID: 45317

Post by Nexusdj »

Kuid indicator in surveyor is broken again , shows every kuid selected as white (including built-in) which means they are on the DLS , which includes all the content I have made today which hasn't been anywhere near the DLS yet !!

Am I missing a new function I need to activate ,
or has this one been missed by the beta testers ,
or have N3V decided to release a version again that nobody has tested !?
High visibility pixels must be worn when on or about the line !!
clam1952
Forum Veteran

Post by clam1952 »

Wasn't missed it got noticed, probably it's still on the to do list, they haven't actually finished yet, probably a hotfix or two to come still.
Cheers

Malc

Nexusdj
Forum Veteran

Post by Nexusdj »

Thanks for the info .
Briggsy
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS2019 + TANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105096
Author KUID: 630773

Post by Briggsy »

TANE will probably be finished by the time Trainz Railroad 2019 comes out - and Trainz Railroad 2019 will probably be finished by 2024 :-D
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2006 2012 T:ANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 214658

Post by cyberdonblue »

I doubt that T:ANE will ever be finished. N3V have already got their minds on T2019 and they're currently doing just enough with T:ANE to stop an open rebellion. They're not interested in investing any real time in it anymore now.

Dave
clam1952
Forum Veteran

Post by clam1952 »

cyberdonblue wrote:I doubt that T:ANE will ever be finished. N3V have already got their minds on T2019 and they're currently doing just enough with T:ANE to stop an open rebellion. They're not interested in investing any real time in it anymore now.

Dave
Speculation, too much of that on the other forum and not what TH was said on the release post, still more patches due for TANE.
And as we normally say right about now, please remember that not fixing a bug doesn't mean we don't like you, or wish to ignore you. We will continue fixing bugs and releasing updates for some time yet, so please be patient as we work through the list.
Cheers

Malc

Briggsy
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS2019 + TANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105096
Author KUID: 630773

Post by Briggsy »

clam1952 wrote:Speculation, too much of that on the other forum and not what TH was said on the release post, still more patches due for TANE.
He has a point though. It would be nice if N3V actually finished a product before getting heavily involved in another.

Their arrogance and over-confidence has no limits. Just three weeks ago, I had an email about Trainz Railroad 2019 and it had a line that said something like "Will you be rushing to buy Trainz Railroad 2019 within 24 hours of its release?"

No. No I won't. Why would I pay early again at full price for Trainz Railroad 2019, like I stupidly did with TS2012 and TANE, only to find its riddled with bugs - and then by the time its decent and usable two years later, they're chucking it out in a 75% sale.

Let me think. Do I pay full price for a barely usable product and submit bug reports galore - or wait until 18 months later and get a decent version at 75% off. Tough choice......
clam1952
Forum Veteran

Post by clam1952 »

N3V need to keep ahead with new versions otherwise they would go out of business, it's normal for game companies to have new versions in development before the current one is finished.
Re the OTT Marketing, well that's pretty much the same with anything these days, just ignore it, marketing departments always exaggerate how wonderful something is going to be and need to be taken with a large pinch of salt.

You are never going to get a bug free perfect version of any complex software, it's not possible, even Apple and Microsoft with their hundreds or maybe thousands of coders can't do it.
Cheers

Malc

evertrainz
Milepost 5
Trainz Version: TS 2012
Trainz Build: 3
Author KUID: 160471

Post by evertrainz »

I waited about 6 months after release to buy TANE. Certainly wasn't disappointed nor did I find any serious bugs. Difference is, though, that I've maybe only run 20 or so actual sessions and only fully completed one!

But I think it's good N3V are moving on. Look at DTG, quickly churning out additions to TSW. If they drop support for TS20xx then the new face of rail sims will be the ultra high bar set by TSW. To attract the regular/non-technical railfan it works great.

The new materials in TRS2019 are what I'm excited about. Now Trainz has a chance to nearly compete with TSW as far as visuals go. I'd rather that than wait 3 more years to see a few annoying bugs fixed. And moving forward usually, hopefully means more systems in the future such as vac braking or real brakevan support. And features these are funded how? Through sales, which TRS2019 will hopefully bring up with the enhanced graphics.
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran

Post by cyberdonblue »

I'm all for progress and moving on - and 2019 looks impressive, as I said, - but N3V have consistently failed to address the things like the crap track sounds; the rusty buffer sounds playing even when you have a 125 sitting in front of you; the crap physics that have 100 ton electric units wheelslipping at 40 mph like a 10 mile long American freight train but then can't stop from 100 mph within a mile and three quarters even with an emergency brake application. Then when they do try and fix something they break five or six other things but gloss over it with some announcement or other about what's coming soon. This is their track record consistently for as long as I can remember. It's Peter and the Wolf time after time... and we all know how that one finishes eventually.

Instead of passing the buck back to the asset creators all the time, why don't N3V grasp the nettle - even just once - and have a look at what they did that broke things (like the Protrack issues) and then do something about it, like you did Malc? It didn't take you long to suss it out. They are supposed to be professionals so why can't they see things that quickly? Why is every problem always somebody else's fault? Sadly, I don't ever see them changing.

Has TH ever posted anything on THIS site? If he has it must've been a very long time ago because I've never seen a post from him here. What would it cost him to drop a comment here once in a while? Address some of the British issues with us perhaps. It would show the British community that he does actually care about what happens around here - unlike when interlocking towers nuked our signals out of useful existence and he just gave a straight finger!

Dave
clam1952
Forum Veteran

Post by clam1952 »

You are aware that Interlocking Towers was developed by the same person who's signals got broken.......
Cheers

Malc

cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran

Post by cyberdonblue »

clam1952 wrote:You are aware that Interlocking Towers was developed by the same person who's signals got broken.......
Yes, the initial design I believe. However, I doubt for one minute that bloodnok would have given his own people the finger if he later discovered that there was a problem. Unfortunately, he had been "moved on" by the time the difficulties became apparent so we'll never know for sure. Nonetheless, I was stunned by TH's reaction at the time, to say the least.

Dave
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran

Post by Nexusdj »

cyberdonblue wrote:
Has TH ever posted anything on THIS site? If he has it must've been a very long time ago because I've never seen a post from him here. What would it cost him to drop a comment here once in a while? Address some of the British issues with us perhaps. It would show the British community that he does actually care about what happens around here - unlike when interlocking towers nuked our signals out of useful existence and he just gave a straight finger!

Dave
The minions of N3V have coped a lot of flack over on the other forum over the last few years (most of it justified) , So they modified the forum rules to protect the companies interests and image should a backlash build against them . On here they aren't afforded that same protection and I think they know they'd come under a lot of flack especially if it became a few post's of standard spin !

As much as I love Trainz it drives me mad every time there's an update released and features we've gotten used to using end up broken !

Their policy should be ....

Before starting an upgrade of an existing build : Make a list of every feature that works and before an update is released make sure everything on that list still works !!