Steam Sale

General Trainz discussion and questions.
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2006 2012 T:ANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 214658

Steam Sale

Post by cyberdonblue »

Sorry steam engine lovers, but not THAT steam ;)

Having been inundated recently with "Special Offer this" and "Special Offer that" I decided to have a nose around in "Steam." I've noticed that the UK Only version of Trainz 2019 is available for a few pence over £23. Is this really the possible bargain that it suggests it might be? What do I NOT get if I buy this instead of the so-called FULL version? Does it severely limit me in anyway with what is available to me when route building? What about all my assets in T:ANE? Does stuff transfer over (much more easily, please, than previous attempts when T:ANE arrived) without having to spend hours "fixing" stuff?

Any info from those in the know would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Dave
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Re: Steam Sale

Post by clam1952 »

You get the base TRS19 Install which is from N3V's blurb here https://store.trainzportal.com/collecti ... om-edition
Kickstarter County (TRS19 version) Need this as the tutorials use KS Country
25+ Locos including the Rocky Mountaineer Trainset (not the route) No idea why they included that.
100+ Items of Rolling Stock
3000+ scenery items
Cornish Mainline Routes and Sessions
Edinburgh - Dundee

Plus you get any DLC you had in TANE, that's TRS19 Compatible, which seems to be everything that was in game downloadable in TANE and I think, not sure on this, the TANE builtin routes. It's all downloaded as DLC so you can select what you want
If you want to avoid cluttering up the install with unwanted stuff from TANE, it's not obvious what the heck they are in the list, there is a list of package numbers here http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/inde ... LC_Listing, note, the click here links do work although they don't look like links :roll:
Just download what you want (don't click download all) then turn off the downloads by unticking Automatically Download DLC updates in General Settings.

N3V are currently uploaded updated incorrectly marked as payware assets to the DLS so most of what you might need from other routes should eventually be on the DLS anyway. Plus they are looking at a new way of packaging DLC to avoid stuff that should be freeware getting an incorrect payware flag.

TANE stuff will need importing, firstly check for updates in TANE, then and this is important, do not use the TANE Userdata, either export as cdps, which is tedious, or open everything you want to import for edit in TANE and the import the TANE Editing folder into TRS19. Don't try importing any Payware or builtin assets as they will all end up faulty. Avoid anything that is faulty.

Note, this applies to TANE and TRS19, on new installs or patches you will often be confronted with a lot of faulty assets that are not actually faulty, need to run a database repair then check open for edit and revert anything that's in there to original, this also applies after importing the TANE stuff.

Malc
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2006 2012 T:ANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 214658

Re: Steam Sale

Post by cyberdonblue »

Thanks Malc. That's quite a comprehensive run down. I think I'll chew on it a few days more though. I know the graphics are better (as they are with each new version) but I'm not totally sure yet that I'm happy to part with still more money for something that sounds a lot like a massive T:ANE upgrade to me in some ways.

Cheers

Dave