Some TRS2019 help

james73
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TRS2019
Trainz Build: 114800
Author KUID: 69518

Some TRS2019 help

Post by james73 »

I only got TRS2019 2 weeks ago, and a new graphics card (a Radeon RX 5700) this week, so help me out here.

What the hell are these ugly boxes, and how do I get shot of them??

What's going on here? This locos bogies are fine in TRS2012.

-------------------

Ok. What I've done here is create a tiny asset that lets you use klamberts Class 319 Cab in the Class 320/321/322 EMUs available. It's not perfect, but it's better than a HST cab.

I did the same a few years back, creating a tiny asset to let you use rumour3's Class 105 cab in Pikkabirds old Class 101 units, (although the fact no-ones converted the two windscreens to three eats away at my OCD.... Image ).

I've never released these items and they've only been for my own use, but since they only reference items already available in the DLS, is there any problem with me actually uploading them?

Feedback appreciated.
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Re: Some TRS2019 help

Post by clam1952 »

The Orange boxes are to show where missing assets are, you can either try and find what's missing using manage content or delete missing assets or turn the boxes off in the in game settings General Settings, untick show missing assets. The plan is that one day we will get something useful like a kuid to go with the boxes.

The green Texture, also an issue in TANE is where there is a missing texture, this was apparently ignored in TS12 however TANE and TRS19 are a completely different game engine. I'd check for updates on those bogies, pretty sure most were fixed a long time ago.
Got a kuid? I'll have a look and see what's missing.

Uploading an asset that just references another one isn't a problem.
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
james73
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TRS2019
Trainz Build: 114800
Author KUID: 69518

Re: Some TRS2019 help

Post by james73 »

clam1952 wrote:The Orange boxes are to show where missing assets are, you can either try and find what's missing using manage content or delete missing assets or turn the boxes off in the in game settings General Settings, untick show missing assets. The plan is that one day we will get something useful like a kuid to go with the boxes.

The green Texture, also an issue in TANE is where there is a missing texture, this was apparently ignored in TS12 however TANE and TRS19 are a completely different game engine. I'd check for updates on those bogies, pretty sure most were fixed a long time ago.
Got a kuid? I'll have a look and see what's missing.
The class 47 bogies are <kuid:79563:1187>. I only had the updated version <kuid2:79563:1187:1>, the updated version is showing as faulty.

EDIT - I selected "revert to original" and it's fine now.