Potteries Loop Line for TANE

Discuss routes currently being created.
LandYRailwayMan
Milepost 1
Trainz Version: TANE SP4
Trainz Build: 105963

Potteries Loop Line for TANE

Post by LandYRailwayMan »

I'm New and not sure where best to raise this question.

I have the Snc Payware Add-on in TANE SP4 and am on the whole very happy with it (I wish there was more). I have seen reference and recommendation to get the PLL, created by the same people, but their site says it is not 'compatible' with TANE, but they are working on making hot to be so. I did enquire about progress via their website contact form, but no response.

Can anyone here advise if or how it will work in TANE if I purchase?

Thanks.
Autism/Aspergers - 2 much of 1 good thing and 2 little of another.
robd
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 122418
Author KUID: 345264

Re: Potteries Loop Line for TANE

Post by robd »

The current PLL loop line is for TS12 only. There was supposedly some work being done to bring it up to T:ANE standards but that seems to have fallen by the wayside with the advent of TRS2019. Are the 'team' are working on a version for TRS2019? Only they themselves now the answer to that question! I believe there is currently an ongoing dispute between the PLL team, such as it is now, and N3V, over legal matters regarding the package.

The current PLL can be transferred to T:ANE and even to TRS2019, albeit both in a limited but usable install, PLL's own supplied sessions won't work. Whether it's actually worth buying it to install it into T:ANE is debatable, a new version for T:ANE/TRS2019 'could' and I stress the word 'could' be on the horizon sometime in the near future or sometime never - get my drift?

In the meantime, if you're interested, here is a link to the Trainz Forums PLL loop line thread (you will need to log in):

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthr ... t=PLL+loop

In there you will read about a whole host of asset 'fixes' to get PLL to work in T:ANE and TRS2019. Also many gripes and whinges as to why it's not been updated yet - some interesting reading!

Good luck,

Rob.
LandYRailwayMan
Milepost 1
Trainz Version: TANE SP4
Trainz Build: 105963

Re: Potteries Loop Line for TANE

Post by LandYRailwayMan »

Thank you for the reply and update.

There is a very sad air of tragedy with the disputes and problems from the upgrade 'treadmill'. I very much like the SnC and if anything it was THE reason I got Trainz AND upgraded my (ancient) hardware to run it. It seems the the PLL is more sophisticated and therefore more easily 'broken'. Sad as I don't think any of these problems are really in Auran's best interests. I hope the 'SnC Team' are not ultimately deterred from finishing what was started.
Autism/Aspergers - 2 much of 1 good thing and 2 little of another.