Passengers won't load onto the train due to attachments.

car112
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TRS19
Trainz Build: 116313
Author KUID: 533914

Passengers won't load onto the train due to attachments.

Post by car112 »

Hello everyone. I have a few issues to address about certain pieces of rolling stock. This pertains to the BR Class 304, BR Class 305, BR Class 307, and the BR Class 308 by uky901y.

For example, when an 8-car made up of two 4-car units arrives at the industry asset "AJS Invisible Platform 1T 3.5", it does slow down and is able to stop at the platform. However, when the train departs and I check to see if any passengers have boarded, the train remains empty, even though there are passenger attachments in the assets. I have tried changing the passengers kuid in the asset, but I don't think that is the problem.

Before running the session, I can set how many passengers are loaded in each carriage, but I don't think they would be able to unload at a station.

However, an 8-car train of two 4-car BR Class 423 units by Klambert would be able to load at the platform because it has the correct passenger attachments. The passenger attachments in the carriages of the BR Class 423 are "a.sitpoint" and "a.standpoint" attachments. In the BR Class 304/305/307/308 carriages, the passenger attachments are only "a.passit". I don't know which one of these is incorrect or obsolete, but I'm sure that the a.passit attachments should be replaced with a.sitpoint attachments.

Unfortunately, replacing attachments on an asset is a very complicated and time consuming process. I'm absolutely stuck trying to figure out a solution to this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm currently using Trainz Platinum Edition 2019, with a Build of 116678.

Thank you, and have a good one.
stovepipe
Past 250!
Trainz Build: 117009
Author KUID: 368699

Re: Passengers won't load onto the train due to attachments.

Post by stovepipe »

I don't think it matters what the attachment points are called, as they are defined in the queues container. Yes some creators follow the examples from N3V assets, but it is not compulsory, nor are passenger attachment points one of the special vehicle attachment points who's names must be used exactly.

The main difference between the 304/5/8 and the 423 that I can see is that the former has a tag called 'allowed-categories'. I would try deleting that and try again.

allowed-categories
{
0 <kuid:-3:10091>
}

The current passenger asset is the 2012 set <kuid:-25:1235>. This obsoletes the one used in the 304/5/8. If the above does not work I would try changing the product-kuid to <kuid:-25:1235>.

If none of that works it is probably because the 304/5/8 are Trainz-Build 2.4 versus the 3.5 in the 423.
car112
Past 100!
Trainz Build: 116313
Author KUID: 533914

Re: Passengers won't load onto the train due to attachments.

Post by car112 »

stovepipe wrote:I don't think it matters what the attachment points are called, as they are defined in the queues container. Yes some creators follow the examples from N3V assets, but it is not compulsory, nor are passenger attachment points one of the special vehicle attachment points who's names must be used exactly.

The main difference between the 304/5/8 and the 423 that I can see is that the former has a tag called 'allowed-categories'. I would try deleting that and try again.

allowed-categories
{
0 <kuid:-3:10091>
}

The current passenger asset is the 2012 set <kuid:-25:1235>. This obsoletes the one used in the 304/5/8. If the above does not work I would try changing the product-kuid to <kuid:-25:1235>.

If none of that works it is probably because the 304/5/8 are Trainz-Build 2.4 versus the 3.5 in the 423.
I think I've found a temporary solution. I make sure to set an instant load command at the start of the driver schedule. Therefore, the train will always be full.