Discuss routes currently being created.
Jay
Milepost 1
Trainz Version: Trainz 2022
Trainz Build: 5

Creating Stratford Station in London

Post by Jay »

Hi, I hope everyone is doing ok.
I'm working on a route replicating Greater Anglia routes which I may release once I've completed it, and as the title says I'm creating Stratford Station. The problem is I can't afford transdem as money is very tight (even if I could afford it I wouldn't be able to work it out anyway), I've tried using basemaps but I can't get the hang of it. So the only way I would create Stratford Station is by looking at Google maps and copying the track work as closely as I can on trainz (which is how I've made various layouts on trainz), which I'd say I'm decent at doing until I get to complex areas where I struggle to get the track work as realistic as possible. I'm just wondering if there's any station content out there that I could use as Stratford Station? Or do I just suck it up and try my hardest at looking at Google maps copying the trackwork and the platforms? Would anyone have any tips? Or how would you go about creating Stratford Station? I just wanted to create a post and ask what people would do if they were me, so any thoughts on this would would be massively appreciated. :)

Thanks, Jay.
Mightyena
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 688183

Re: Creating Stratford Station in London

Post by Mightyena »

You can usually get very good results by building things up using platform kits and the like, and trying to recreate it manually vs having to commission a model specially, though for something like Stratford where the buildings are pretty unique it might be a bit of a challenge.
James M, creator of the
network
Jay
Milepost 1
Trainz Version: Trainz 2022
Trainz Build: 5

Re: Creating Stratford Station in London

Post by Jay »

Mightyena wrote:You can usually get very good results by building things up using platform kits and the like, and trying to recreate it manually vs having to commission a model specially, though for something like Stratford where the buildings are pretty unique it might be a bit of a challenge.
Hi Mightyena, thanks for replying. I think platform kits will be my best bet now you've mentioned it, I'll use AJS platform kits and see how Stratford turns out (I'll probably use platform kits for most of the other stations aswell). But for the station buildings, I'll probably leave them out for now then think about them at a later time while I get the tracks and platforms laid.

Thanks. :)
Jay.