Discuss routes currently being created.
slenderman7676
Past 100!
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 4
Author KUID: 628458

Re: Midshire Mainline

Post by slenderman7676 »

This is a pretty annoying issue I have while playing Midshire & Rosworth Valley lines. I position the camera using free roaming cam (4 key) to get a decent angle for a video ahead of the train. But if the train enters a tunnel I automatically get forced into cab view. I can't find whats causing it usually the cam only changes for tunnels if you are in the 2 or 3 cameras (chase and tracking) where the cam gets placed on the roof of the train. But this is different. Again I've inspected the route in surveyor and looked in dependencies for any sort of "Cab camera trigger" or something like that but I can't see anything. P.S. I also made a modified version of the route to remove the Armandale interlocking towers and linked junctions because they were causing issues for me while trying to carry out any kind of shunting moves and AI mishaps. I also noticed a little bit of track on one of the approach tunnels to Glauston Central was not connected. Other than that this is a great route.
Mightyena
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 688183

Post by Mightyena »

The tunnels themselves have a script that changes passenger view. If you click on each tunnel portal with the "properties" button (the question mark) in surveyor, there should be a line that says something about camera switching. Click it until it changes to "no camera switching"

My AI session that I am still building has all of the tunnel switching disabled, its oe of teh first things I do with a route.

Also, if you use the Enhanced Tower Manager rule by Pguy, you can remove the IT paths from the towers at the session level, so you don't have to clone the route.
James M, creator of the
network
fudginator
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TANE SP4
Trainz Build: 105766

Post by fudginator »

Whilst Dave (Nexusdj) is putting the finishing touch to Duchy. I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to Trainz Plus. So to try and get the hang of it I have embarked on a mini project, going back to my first love Midshire. I didn't want to be opening another massive can of worms, so have set myself some strict rules. No baseboards to be added or taken away. The track layout has to pretty much stay the same, I can just upgrade the scenery and content and bring it up to a better standard now so much more content has become available since it was first uploaded. It will also have Mk1 catenary added which is more in keeping with the area it's fictitiously located.
I've started at the Radcott end and will make my way to Glauston

The Power station after a revamp

An Intercity service from Euston to Glauston Central speeds past Radcott

A coal sector class 58 on MGR duties arrives ready to unload