TS12 or T:ANE

General Trainz discussion and questions.
pauljscott2003
Milepost 1

TS12 or T:ANE

Post by pauljscott2003 »

Hi all,

Straight forward question really, anyone still using TS12 or T:ANE? And if so what has discouraged you from upgrading to newer releases?

Mine is quite simply the graphics capability of my laptop prevents me from running anything newer than T:ANE. I prefer the latter over TS12 as the constant validating asset window which never seemed to complete was really annoying.

Always keeping a close eye on British releases/stock etc.

Interested to hear your reasons.

Paul
Mightyena
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 688183

Re: TS12 or T:ANE

Post by Mightyena »

I still build in T:ANE mainly for compatibility reasons - I have T:ANE, so I might as well make it so the most people can make use of any routes I end up releasing. Once I move to TRS19 there's no going back, and TRS19 still has a few glitches and wobbles that make me hesitant to switch full time. I tend to switch to TRS19 for screenshots and videos though, since the lighting engine is way better and T:ANE has a weird LOD glitch with track.

I'm not buying TRS22, since it doesn't offer any compelling reason to upgrade, and I'm still grumpy about N3V's "Bugfix? Well the bug is fixed in the latest version, go buy that!" approach to bugs in the older (but still supported) games
James M, creator of the
network