Post your Screenshots here
Marky7890
Site Admin
Trainz Version: TRS2019
Trainz Build: 90945
Author KUID: 179051

23/05 - May 2023 Screenshots

Post by Marky7890 »

Please post your screenshots for May 2023 here.

Screenshots must be no larger than 1024 x 768 pixels and 250kb.

A tips and tweaks guide to obtaining high quality screenshots can be found via this link: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3590

Please keep off topic chat to a minimum.
fudginator
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TANE SP4
Trainz Build: 105766

Re: 23/05 - May 2023 Screenshots

Post by fudginator »

A few more shots as I make my way East....

A Paddington bound HST makes its way under the newly constructed bridge that forms part of the Marazion by-pass

A Class 47 travels light to Truro, crossing the road that leads to St Erth village

It can't be a Wednesday because two trains have stopped at Camborne. Whilst the HST makes it way to London the bubble car heads to it's next stop at Hayle. Passing the Magnet warehouse with the section nearest the platform forming the old Goods shed

As the local service approaches Camborne, it passes under Pengegon bridge, being quite narrow a separate footbridge was added years later

A Class 25 comes of the Holmans siding with scrap and the famous Holmans compressor. This line was originally part of the Roskear branch. They use to say you could go to any mine, anywhere in the world and you would find a Holmans compressor at the bottom

The milk train after leaving St Erth stops at Dolcoath siding which was just the other side of Pengegon crossing and collects the tanks for London
Marky7890
Site Admin
Trainz Version: TRS2019
Trainz Build: 90945
Author KUID: 179051

Post by Marky7890 »

Another great sets of shots there.

What bridge is that in the 2nd shot please?

Mark
fudginator
Past 100!

Post by fudginator »

Marky7890 wrote:Another great sets of shots there.

What bridge is that in the 2nd shot please?

Mark
Cheers Mark, The bridge is a bit of a mix and match. The abutments are DJBUK items, the plate girder spline is a TMZ item, the bridge deck is FMA and the steps to the side are called steps stone
fudginator
Past 100!

Post by fudginator »

Making my way slowly East...
St Vincent and Thunderer head past the site of the old North Crofty branch, you can still clearly see the path it once took

Crossing Barncoose embankment.....
With Carn Brea forming the backdrop a local service heads towards Redruth over the rather impressive embankment at over 88ft at it's highest point.

A 47 crosses the head height only Lovers lane bridge next to the old fairground and with it being Whitsun, the fair is in town :D

Growing up in Reduth in the 70s and 80s you always looked forward to the end of May Whitsun bank holiday when Anderton and Roland's fair came to town

My home town Redruth.....and sitting right in the middle is this massive eight span viaduct which has dominated the landscape since 1888
PFX
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 119450

Post by PFX »

Cracking work there Fudginator.

One from the north end of Queen Street tunnel, right before I exited surveyor without saving... $@*#!

fudginator
Past 100!

Post by fudginator »

Cheers Innis

A Paddington bound HST emerges from the tunnel at Redruth station

As the HST gathers speed it passes Drump lane goods yard and signal box. Rationalization has already begun, with National Carriers taking over what was the old goods shed. The Peak has travelled down from the Blue Circle depot at Chacewater because there is no run-round facilities.
Having done the task its waiting for the HST so it can gain the up main. This was the case for a few more years until the signal box eventually closed then the cement trains had to travel all the way to St Erth to perform the same job.

A down local stopper passes Harris bacon factory on the approach to Redruth. The down sidings were some of the longest in the county at over 500 yards in length. Now rarely used they have become very rusty with a few lonely wagons looking abandoned sat in them.
fudginator
Past 100!

Post by fudginator »

Iconic Cornish railway photo spot Hallenbeagle tin mine/engine house

Passing at speed the site of the old Scorrier station, with Crossroads Motel in the background
stovepipe
Past 250!
Trainz Version: TRS19
Trainz Build: 117009
Author KUID: 368699

Post by stovepipe »

Really like those backdated shots of Markys superb route. Keep up the good work!
fudginator
Past 100!

Post by fudginator »

.....Last lot for a least at few days, I promise. :D

A Penzance bound HST crosses over the bridge at Scorrier, the road until 1977 was part of the main A30

Before the Blackwater bypass was built in 1985, you could clearly see the triangular embankments of the Old Chacewater to Newquay railway which went via St Agnes, The HST in the distance is rounding the 55mph curve heading up to Apex summit

Talking of the Chacewater to Newquay the overbridge on the downside of the station, points back to a busier time.
With the second span catering for branch line to Newquay. Another rare and somewhat quirky fact about the bridge is the walls on the road side were made from timber, which they still are to this day

Chacewater station, after closing in the 60's it managed to live on until 1987 as a Blue Circle cement depot. A 37 shunts in full tanks then to collect the empties and couple back up to the wagons which have been parked on the mainline.
The station was actually a good distance from Chacewater , in fact it pretty much sat right in between the two villages of Chacewater and Blackwater. Maybe that's why the viaduct in the background took it's name from one and the station from the other

It's been quite an enjoyable task doing this conversion, certainly bringing back some memories for me. Although having only gone from Penzance to Chacewater so far, it is a bit sad how much railway infrastructure has been lost over the last 43 years in west of Cornwall when my love for Gods great railway began . I already know there will be even more to reinstate the further east I go
PFX
Forum Veteran

Post by PFX »

What a great job you're doing there. I'm enjoying the updates.
PFX
Forum Veteran

Post by PFX »

A Queen Street bound Class 26 passes Sighthill as it coasts down the cutting towards the tunnel.

fudginator
Past 100!

Post by fudginator »

The service from Falmouth Docks approaches Penwithers junction on the last stretch to Truro running 'wrong line' into the station's platform 1

Highertown Tunnel looking towards Penwithers, behind the camera is a very different station than it is today

The Kemira wagons are shunted into the Cornwall farmers siding, this diagram often went via Lapford in Devon with a drop on the way down
This area originally was the site of the engine sheds and another signal box which controlled the movements at this end of the station, most was lost in 1971 when the first big changes were done
With a brewery also using this siding up until 1988 it generally saw traffic a few times a week

The capital of our County and taking the 'Rationalization Cup' is Truro. The up and down yards have all but been totally lost over the decades, even in the 80's it was still relatively busy and retained most of it's trackwork

A 46 on the 'Up freight loop' heads behind the signal box to join the 'Up Main'
The down sidings were in use by Farm Industries Ltd until the mid 80's
PFX
Forum Veteran

Post by PFX »

Looking south from St Rollox Drive overbridge.

fudginator
Past 100!

Post by fudginator »

The 46 comes off the Up freight loop and heads to Exeter Riverside
The home/loop semaphore was placed more to the left of the track, I presume this was to give drivers coming over the curved viaduct a slightly earlier idea as to which way they were going, but don't quote me on that.
When the yard was lifted and the points taken out they originally just removed the loop arm. Then as late as 1992 they commissioned a new semaphore. No modern lights here..oh no

They often say by the time the GWR arrived at the Kernow there wasn't a lot of money left, that's why it ended up 'going round the houses' with a slow line speed and it just followed the contours as best it could. Well the final mile and a half in to Truro tends to buck that trend and must of cost a bob or two, with a tunnel at Buckshead, two single arch road overbridges and of course the two great viaducts of Carvedras and Truro aka Moresk, 969ft and 1329ft respectively. Carvedras viaduct was given listed status in 1993 including the old piers from the first wooden topped viaduct. The HST after leaving the capital heads towards St Austell whilst sitting on one bridge and both viaducts all at the same time

The aforementioned Buckshead tunnel as the HST creeps up to the 70mph line speed