Custom Track Broken.

Ms Mari
New Starter
Trainz Version: 2019
Trainz Build: 0

Custom Track Broken.

Post by Ms Mari »

I had been looking for almost 4-5 days for help on this, and someone suggested to ask here.

So I modeled some LMS Permway segment, set around the 1920s.

I made it to use for a route to use it for, but when it went into trainz, it ended up looking like this for some reason.

Mesh is fine in blender, and it was fine in trainz, but I am new to content so I didnt add .m.pbrmetal to the material name. Apon doing so, my track then stretched like you see here.

Config is fine, as ive copied other configs to the T, and the issue remains.

Im running out of ideas on what to do, and im in a desperate need of help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ms Mari
New Starter

Re: Custom Track Broken.

Post by Ms Mari »

I am still waiting on aid, is anyone able to pin my issue
robd
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 122418
Author KUID: 345264

Post by robd »

Sorry, can't help you with this but you'll be more likely to get an answer to this if you post your question in the N3V Trainz forums.

Rob.
stovepipe
Past 250!
Trainz Version: TRS19
Trainz Build: 117009
Author KUID: 368699

Post by stovepipe »

Looks like the error is happening in the export part from Blender. I'm not sure how blender exporter handles units of feet, but you could ask on the Trainz officical Discord server.
Ms Mari
New Starter

Post by Ms Mari »

stovepipe wrote:Looks like the error is happening in the export part from Blender. I'm not sure how blender exporter handles units of feet, but you could ask on the Trainz officical Discord server.
This was a common thought, or at least something to look into, but no this isnt fault on blender.

I have checked measurements, and it is 1:1 to trainz/real life measurements. Infact I had exported the track before, not knowing trainz requires material names, like .m.prbmetal. So having exported the rails prior to that, they where the correct scale. I had tested an engine on it and they where flawless. A few hours later I learned that I needed to add .m.pbrmetal to the material name. Once doing so, the mesh did.

One more reason I can tell its not a blender issue, is cause only two axis are stretched, the Y and Z if im correct. Seeing the chairs are wide, tall, but almost paper thin. Its as if something in the materials did it. Which is why Ive spent so much time here to look for aid.
greeni
Past 750!
Trainz Version: TRAINZ22PE
Trainz Build: 123799
Author KUID: 174088

Post by greeni »

Don't know if its the same in blender as it's in gmax, you have to make sure you have it setup as realworld pivot point or it makes a mess of the mess once exported into game.