Cornish Railways v1.4 Installation Issues

15thepper
New Starter
Trainz Version: 19
Trainz Build: 0

Cornish Railways v1.4 Installation Issues

Post by 15thepper »

Hello

I've been trying to install and set up the Cornish Railways route as well as the 4 respective sessions, but I've ran into a few issues when installing. For both the route itself and the individual sessions, my content manager is showing that there are a decent number of unknown assets that it isn't able to find.

Whilst I'm able to open the main route and play some of the sessions, I suspect that these missing assets are the cause for some issues that I've noticed. For instance, the 6P07 0721 Fowey Docks to Parkandillack session is unable to load in the CDA wagons properly, and the locomotive itself is missing it's driver, rendering the session unplayable. Another asset related example I can give includes some tree on the map appearing to have no texture attached.

I have tried re-installing all of this content numerous times but have ran into the same problem. Perhaps I'm installing it incorrectly? I'm not sure.

Any help that people can provide would be much appreciated! The work that's been put into this route is absolutely incredible and I am excited to explore via rail this part of the country that I am rather familiar with.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Marky7890
Site Admin
Trainz Version: TRS2019
Trainz Build: 90945
Author KUID: 179051

Re: Cornish Railways v1.4 Installation Issues

Post by Marky7890 »

Hi 15thepper, welcome to the forum.

Have you checked the DLS for the missing assets? The CDAs are definitely on there. Some assets are from these TRS19 routes:
Cornish Mainline and Branches - TRS19, ECML Edinburgh - Dundee, & ECML Kings Cross - Edinburgh. Which should be free from the content store menu.

I'm not sure why the driver isn't assigned to the loco as they when I try it.

The Missing tree textures is actually Snow, not sure why its appearing as the snow altitude in the session is set to 600m, so shouldn't appear until above 600 metres.

Mark
15thepper
New Starter
Trainz Version: 19
Trainz Build: 0

Re: Cornish Railways v1.4 Installation Issues

Post by 15thepper »

Hi Mark, thanks for the quick response.

About the CDAs, I managed to get them working! I did this by searching "CDA" directly on the DLS and copied and pasted the kuid of each asset into the search bar of my content manager until I found it. Turns out the CDAs I had installed had dependencies that weren't installed, so I just installed those and now I'm pleased to say that I have them working in the game. This also somehow fixed the weird driver issue I had, so the 6P07 0721 Fowey Docks to Parkandillack session is now playable.

About everything else, I've tried searching through the DLS for all the other missing dependencies but I haven't had much luck thus far. The main problem with this is that these dependencies are coming up as "unknown asset" and cannot be found on the DLS as I don't know what each asset is called. However, with regards to the TRS19 routes you mentioned, I don't have the ECML Kings Cross one, and I'm beginning to wonder if some if not all of the "missing" assets are actually related to that route. As far as I can gather upon searching the content store, it doesn't appear to be free for me, coming up as US$4.99 on the content store, but then somehow £15.49 on steam once I select the purchase option. If I do end up purchasing the add-on, I'll say if this resolved the main issues.

Lastly about the trees, that's actually rather amusing - I'll mess around with the asset and see if I can figure out why it has snow on them

15thepper

Edit: The trees magically no longer have snow on them ¯\_(ツ)_/¯