Trains made by Peter D. Hicks causing errors

thesthfan
New Starter
Trainz Version: 2012
Trainz Build: 61388

Trains made by Peter D. Hicks causing errors

Post by thesthfan »

I tried multiple trains by Peter D. Hicks (First Hull Trains class 222 and GNER Intercity 225) and they all causing unknown errors
Example (GNER 91+GNER DVT):
Thread Exception: ER_ArrayOutOfBounds, line 458, file consistdatahandler.gs

Stack dump:

function $Train@ConsistDataHandler::CreateTrainFromSoup(Soup,GSTrackSearch,bool), line -1
function $void@ConsistDataHandler::CreateNewConsist(), line 534
function $void@ConsistDataHandler::TrackMsgHdl(Message), line 777
Any way to solve?
(Also, sometimes spawning those trains or even just having them as installed might cause the game to crash)
thesthfan
New Starter

Re: Trains made by Peter D. Hicks causing errors

Post by thesthfan »

Some other errors I got
Thread Exception: ER_NullReference, line 465, file consistdatahandler.gs

Stack dump:

function $Train@ConsistDataHandler::CreateTrainFromSoup(Soup,GSTrackSearch,bool), line -1
function $void@ConsistDataHandler::CreateNewConsist(), line 534
function $void@ConsistDataHandler::TrackMsgHdl(Message), line 777
Thread Exception: ER_NullReference, line 1521, file train.gs

Stack dump:

function $Permit[]@Train::TakePermitOnTrack(bool), line -1
function $void@Train::Init(), line 1593
Thread Exception: ER_NullReference, line 785, file acslib.gs

Stack dump:

function $void@ACSlib::findConnectedEnds(Vehicle), line -1
function $string@ACSlib::LibraryCall(string,string[],GSObject[]), line 831
function $void@class222::Init(), line 272
function $void@MeshObject::Init(Asset), line 316
Thread Exception: ER_NullReference, line 804, file acslib.gs

Stack dump:

function $void@ACSlib::findConnectedEnds(Vehicle), line -1
function $string@ACSlib::LibraryCall(string,string[],GSObject[]), line 831
function $void@class222::Init(), line 272
function $void@MeshObject::Init(Asset), line 316
re57k
Milepost 3
Trainz Version: 12
Trainz Build: 61297
Author KUID: 947449

Post by re57k »

I'm no script wizard, but by the looks of it, most of the errors are caused by Trainz itself rather than the asset, especially with the first example as all of those are built-in functions (by the looks of it, it tries to find a train that's nonexistent in the map/route itself, probably caused by an external factor). Do any of the assets have errors/warning in content manager?
The re in re57k stands for reverie. No idea why I had to shorten it but now you know.
NOTICE: Speed is limited to 25 mph due to overlapping track geometry
Spends too much time staring at polygons. I model using Blender. If you have any questions, feel free to ask/reply!
thesthfan
New Starter

Post by thesthfan »

re57k wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:28 pm I'm no script wizard, but by the looks of it, most of the errors are caused by Trainz itself rather than the asset, especially with the first example as all of those are built-in functions (by the looks of it, it tries to find a train that's nonexistent in the map/route itself, probably caused by an external factor). Do any of the assets have errors/warning in content manager?
The only really serious warning that might be issue I was able to find is this...
It is the First Hull Trains 222/1 MSRMB warning, the car that causes issues.
The <kuid:2512:54002> is Silent Horn, and I have it installed. Normally Trainz recognizes kuids in such cases, but here it displays warnings.
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 123794
Author KUID: 45317

Post by Nexusdj »

Do you have version 127 installed ? Trainz is looking for that specific version , I've checked the DLS and my current install of TRS22 and I can only see Kuid:2512:54002 not the kuid2 version 127 that the config file in that unit calls for ?

I've just downloaded the MSRMB from the DLS and the config in that only calls for kuid:2512:54002 so not sure why your install is calling for that kuid2 127 version ?

Unless you've made some alterations to it then I'd suggest just deleting the MSRMB from your computer and downloading it again from the DLS .
High visibility pixels must be worn when on or about the line !!
re57k
Milepost 3

Post by re57k »

Nexusdj wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:48 am Do you have version 127 installed ? Trainz is looking for that specific version , I've checked the DLS and my current install of TRS22 and I can only see Kuid:2512:54002 not the kuid2 version 127 that the config file in that unit calls for ?

I've just downloaded the MSRMB from the DLS and the config in that only calls for kuid:2512:54002 so not sure why your install is calling for that kuid2 127 version ?

Unless you've made some alterations to it then I'd suggest just deleting the MSRMB from your computer and downloading it again from the DLS .
If I remember correctly, Trainz asking for version :127 of an asset is a bug. The reason it asks for :127 is that Trainz has a limit of 128 versions of an asset (it starts counting from 0, hence :127 instead of :128). Not entirely sure which Trainz versions are affected but IIRC versions TANE and below are most likely to be affected by this.

I don't remember the exact steps I did, but try manually opening each affected asset for edit, and edit the KUID entry in the config.txt of each individual asset so that it reads <KUID2:---:----:127> with the dashes being the KUID number.
The re in re57k stands for reverie. No idea why I had to shorten it but now you know.
Spends too much time staring at polygons. I model using Blender. If you have any questions, feel free to ask/reply!
stovepipe
Past 250!
Trainz Version: TRS19
Trainz Build: 117009
Author KUID: 368699

Post by stovepipe »

Which version of Trainz is this happening in?

There is no :127 version of that asset, however TRS19 sometimes shows that error when some other error exists - but if you fix the other error the :127 ones will disappear. Your profile says you are using TRS12 - is that correct?
re57k
Milepost 3

Post by re57k »

stovepipe wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:31 am Which version of Trainz is this happening in?

There is no :127 version of that asset, however TRS19 sometimes shows that error when some other error exists - but if you fix the other error the :127 ones will disappear. Your profile says you are using TRS12 - is that correct?
Judging by the UI and error text, looks like something pre-TANE.
I've had this issue myself and I use TS12.