Crianlarich to Mallaig

General Trainz discussion and questions.
Andreww
Milepost 7
Trainz Version: TS12
Trainz Build: 61388
Author KUID: 226060

Crianlarich to Mallaig

Post by Andreww »

Recently I found the Crianlarich to Fort William section of the west highland line and was wondering if it is possible to merge this and TMZ06003's excellent Fort William - Mallaig to be used personally and not to be uploaded?
uktrainzfan
Milepost 5
Trainz Version: T:ANE SP2
Trainz Build: 90945

Re: Crianlarich to Mallaig

Post by uktrainzfan »

If you are confining the use of the material to yourself there are no restrictions on what routes you can merge. Whether it is possible to do this effectively is a different matter. Even if both routes are correctly aligned and are at the same height there is still a potential E-W and N-S mismatch of up to 360m.
ingha
New Starter
Trainz Version: TS2010

Post by ingha »

I did this successfully some time ago. The two are at the same elevation. As far as I remember I brought the Mallaig route down onto the West Highland, using the West Highland version of Fort William station and up to the Caledonian Canal. Just work out exactly where you want the joins to be, make clones of both routes and cut out a few boards from the Mallaig clone before merging so that the fit will be exact. You then merely have to readjust the scenery a little along whichever join line you have chosen.

Good luck.

Ingha
2995Valiant
Milepost 3
Trainz Version: TS2010

Post by 2995Valiant »

Both these were originally made by Vern, and intended to be merged IIRC

Regards,

Anthony