My Health

Past 500!
Trainz Version: 12, TANE
Trainz Build: 74702
Author KUID: 431172

Re: My Health

Post by 73129 »

Guys, please keep the tone down.

While it is not nice to have cancer, my Nan beat it once, and then had it again, but unfortunately passed away in the process of having chemo (R.I.P.) it is not a good thing to be bickering about.

Keep it to a nice happy tone, !PLEASE! otherwise some rather stern warnings will be dished out.

We are a kind, respectful and happy forum community.
tommietomato2 on Auran forums
Retired moderator.
electra
Past 250!
Trainz Version: TRS2019 SP4
Trainz Build: 116678
Author KUID: 49712

Post by electra »

badger1986 wrote:my point is, was and remains that if you are ill then posting it on a forum is inapropiate. it is amazing how intollerant everyone is to a different opinion. do we not practice free speech in this country.
We do have free speech in this country, but with that right comes the responsibility of knowing when to speak and when to keep your thoughts to yourself.
surely if you know him and a familiar with his situation then why does he need to post on a forum to tell you.
Because, not everyone who knows him actually speaks to him anywhere other than here?
I have also seen people who want to be in the limelight for 5 minutes.
Rather extreme way of going about it, don't you think - getting Leukaemia, just so he can have his 5 minutes of fame..?
ELRross
Past 100!
Trainz Version: 2010

Post by ELRross »

All the best Joe, make what ever decision you feel is right. What ever you decide make every day count. My thoughts are with you and your family and friends at this tough time.
Joe_T
R.I.P
Trainz Version: TS2009
Trainz Build: 41844

Post by Joe_T »

Thank you once again to all my well wishes :) Just a quick update my health has gone down a bit compared to when I first told you about my illness, starting to feel more tired than I was and also slightly more breathless and also starting to get joint pain but I knew all this when I made the decision not to have treatment.

Keep safe out there and look after each other as you never know when life will be taken from you.

Joe
Past 500!

Post by 73129 »

I wish you all the best, Joe.
Retired moderator.
Joe_T
R.I.P

Post by Joe_T »

A quick update, I am still alive and kicking 7 weeks after I was told I would have 4-6 weeks left. I so love upsetting the medical profression :twisted: I am getting tired more easily than I was but am still able to get out and about takeing photographs of trains. I must get into Trainz and upload a screenshot or 2 :) All I can think of writing atm so will sign off speak later
Past 500!

Post by 73129 »

Nice to see you are still about - My grandfather was recently diagnosed with prostate cancer, but at the moment it is not an obtrusive form - he's on a cruise at the moment with his cousin, and I'm looking after his house. Lets just hope he's well when he returns over the weekend.
Retired moderator.
Briggsy
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS2019 + TANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105096
Author KUID: 630773

Post by Briggsy »

Very sad reading about your health :(

Hopefully you'll continue to prove the medical profession wrong - just as my dad did. He was given a year to live - and had another good 4-5 years after that.

All the best Joe!
stovepipe
Past 250!
Trainz Version: TRS19
Trainz Build: 117009
Author KUID: 368699

Post by stovepipe »

You hang in there Joe. Just got to 'Keep on, keeping on'.

http://www.metrolyrics.com/keep-on-keep ... field.html
Joe_T
R.I.P

Post by Joe_T »

Thanks for for all your kind words not sure what else to say really its really touching :)
Monkster
Milepost 5
Trainz Version: 2004

Post by Monkster »

Damn I come back and it's to this news, you just keep pissing off the medical profession Joe, my thoughts are with you and your family at this time, all the best Joe.
Oh and don't forget to have that party ;)
Joe_T
R.I.P

Post by Joe_T »

Sorry you had to come back to this but I fully intend to keep upsetting the medical profession and with regaurds the party I had a full on wild party :) Thanks for your kind words btw :)
Joe_T
R.I.P

Post by Joe_T »

Hello all just though I had better give you a brief update as to how I am doing.  I am on week 13 on being alive after my diagnosis and I have had a change of heart and I have decided to have treatment after all.  I am currently in bath RUH currently having some blood pumped into my body to get my red blood cells up which appears to be working as I have got colour in my cheeks for the first time in ages.  Just waiting to see the consultant and decide on the treatment from there.  All I can think of writing at this moment so will sign off.
Warbo40
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TS2012 (SP1)/S&C
Trainz Build: 57898
Author KUID: 441222

Post by Warbo40 »

Nice to hear that you've had a change of heart Joe. It's a hard climb but it could well be worth it.
Work to live not live to work.
Briggsy
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS2019 + TANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105096
Author KUID: 630773

Post by Briggsy »

Hi Joe,

Glad to hear you've decided to have treatment after all. From your posts on here, you seem a genuinely nice guy, and in your recent threads, you've seemed quite happy and enthusiastic too - so I thought that despite you originally saying that you didn't want to have treatment, you didn't come across like you'd given up on life - so I'm glad that you've done a U-turn.

I didn't say anything earlier in this thread because you said that you didn't want anyone trying to change your mind - but I actually know someone with Leukemia - and she was offered the chance to trial a new drug by the NHS - and she accepted. Since having that treatment by regular injections, her blood tests are showing as "near normal" and her consultant is thrilled with how she is doing. 5 years on, and she's still doing amazingly well - and her blood tests are still showing as "near normal". She looks, and feels, as fit as ever.

The "experts" aren't always right. My dad had major heart and kidney problems caused by diabetes a few years ago. He had a massive heart attack and kidney failure. They didn't expect him to make it through the night - but he did. After his recovery, they said that he'd have a year to live - but he then had a further happy 4 years before he passed away in 2010.

One of my dads old friends had an inoperable brain tumour around 13 years ago. Medical "experts" gave him some treatment to prolong his life - but gave him 2 years at the most to live. 13 years on, and he's still alive! The tumour, somehow, shrunk in size and he's no longer needing medical treatment (and hasn't for the past few years). He's baffled medical experts as they said it was terminal - but 13 years on, and he's fitter now than he was when he was diagnosed with his brain tumour. He's now expected to have a long and normal life.

Sorry for the doom and gloom - but I just wanted to highlight that the "experts" aren't always right, and people can make amazing recoveries and enjoy many years of happiness ahead of them.

I'm pleased that you've gone for treatment, and I hope that you'll be the fourth person I can refer to in the future that has gone on to have many more years of happiness ahead of them.

Good luck, and best wishes with your treatment.