It's oh so quiet...

clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Re: It's oh so quiet...

Post by clam1952 »

Lets put this compatibility thing to bed, from a post by Windwalkr today.
But to be clear about this: if something works and is error-free in the latest version of TS12 and on the DLS, it's very, very likely to work in TANE. There are sure to be specific exceptions, but that's what they will be- specific exceptions for very good reason.
No mass exodus of users to the Darkside any more than there are Darkside users coming over to Trainz or using both anyway. I won't ever user the other one as it's on Steam.

Not much being made? well there seems to be an awful lot of UK stuff appearing on an almost daily basis on the DLS, don't just go by what is posted on here ;)
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
klambert
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2012 TANE
Trainz Build: 61297
Author KUID: 393563

Post by klambert »

The pennies just dropped, this thread is named after that terrible song by Bjork :lol:.
http://berkshiretrainz.webs.com/

Great Bolshy Yarblockos!
PFX
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 119450

Post by PFX »

klambert wrote:The pennies just dropped, this thread is named after that terrible song by Bjork :lol:.
Welcome to the party... ; )
Class172
SOTM Moderator
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 94916
Author KUID: 485742

Post by Class172 »

I decided to do some 'data analysis' to see if the forum really is becoming quieter over time... I can confirm it definitely is, almost worryingly so!

The screenshot threads are a good marker to see forum activity as they have the largest number of views/posts over a timed basis. I input all the data from this section since the forum started in Dec 2010 and plotted the graphs. Forum activity was fairly stable (albeit fluctuating) until mid-2013; when we appeared to have entered a 'recession' and it has been dropping ever since - did anything significant happen around that time.

If you want to see the data for yourselves, just download the spreadsheet below.
Glen1974
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TS12 SP1
Trainz Build: 58414
Author KUID: 381093

Post by Glen1974 »

Yeh I've noticed its a lot quieter...
klambert
Forum Veteran

Post by klambert »

Class172 wrote:I decided to do some 'data analysis' to see if the forum really is becoming quieter over time... I can confirm it definitely is, almost worryingly so!

The screenshot threads are a good marker to see forum activity as they have the largest number of views/posts over a timed basis. I input all the data from this section since the forum started in Dec 2010 and plotted the graphs. Forum activity was fairly stable (albeit fluctuating) until mid-2013; when we appeared to have entered a 'recession' and it has been dropping ever since - did anything significant happen around that time.

If you want to see the data for yourselves, just download the spreadsheet below.
Could we have a screenshot? Some of us are not blessed with having Microsoft office in their computers. I prefer to use Google docs.

Great Bolshy Yarblockos!
clam1952
Forum Veteran

Post by clam1952 »

Open Office works fine with Microcrap Orifice stuff and doesn't spy on you like Google.............

Think you will find it's a common trend with many forums, lot people seem to be using Farcebook.
Cheers

Malc

Past 500!
Trainz Version: 12, TANE
Trainz Build: 74702
Author KUID: 431172

Post by 73129 »

Here you go. Only graphs... mainly.
tommietomato2 on Auran forums
Retired moderator.
klambert
Forum Veteran

Post by klambert »

73129 wrote:Here you go. Only graphs... mainly.
Ohhh that is a rather nasty drop, lowest figures ever. TANE might hopefully rejuvenate trainz, and possibly this forum. I think this problem is a symptom of whats happening to the entire UK trainz community, the UK screenshots thread on the Trainz forum is nowhere near as busy as it was. Apart from a hardcore contingent of trainzers, most of the the casual train simmers have gone over to the darkside.

Great Bolshy Yarblockos!
blackwatch13
Past 500!
Trainz Version: TRS 2019
Trainz Build: 105096
Author KUID: 222042

Post by blackwatch13 »

I think a small portion of the post reduction, may be due to the fact that our
content creators tend to be a bit more 'hush-hush' about their projects these
days, due to the harassment they received from the 'gimme-pigs' previously.
Tane SP3 build 94916 + SnC & Duchess
Trouble
Milepost 7
Trainz Version: TS09

Post by Trouble »

I don't think it's just the UK Trainz community - I occasionally browse a US forum, and it's absolutely dead compared to how it was 12 months ago, I think the post count is single figures most days.
Lupe Image
Accept no substitutes. Unless they're really good.

All views expressed are my own, and may not represent those of my employer.
PFX
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 119450

Post by PFX »

I try to stay here rather than the N3V forum as I find moderation here keeps it reasonably idiot free. That said, I've almost stopped having anything to do with trains and Trainz related things as I'm sick of keyboard warriors telling me how to do things on various fora. Thankfully that doesn't happen here and I think it's 'enthusiasts' with lots of opinions that are most to blame. Not sure if that's a big issue in the UK but it's reached such a level that I'm seriously considering my future involvement in perservation work.

Of course, that doesn't account for the big drop in figures here.
klambert
Forum Veteran

Post by klambert »

PFX wrote:I try to stay here rather than the N3V forum as I find moderation here keeps it reasonably idiot free. That said, I've almost stopped having anything to do with trains and Trainz related things as I'm sick of keyboard warriors telling me how to do things on various fora. Thankfully that doesn't happen here and I think it's 'enthusiasts' with lots of opinions that are most to blame. Not sure if that's a big issue in the UK but it's reached such a level that I'm seriously considering my future involvement in perservation work.

Of course, that doesn't account for the big drop in figures here.
I know exactly what you mean, I've stopped bothering with most train related stuff apart from trainz. The enthusiast community is far too cliquey and a vast portion of them are just idiots with opinions. I've got nothing against people with strong opinions, but that's if the opinion is based on intellect rather than what they've read out the Daily Mail or heard at the end of the platform.

British Trainz at the moment is my most used forum, it's not too international, when I say international I mean American, cliquey or has too many idiots on it.

Great Bolshy Yarblockos!
clam1952
Forum Veteran

Post by clam1952 »

It's not just Train related forums or groups, it's common these days to anything that has a fanbase. They attract Armchair Internet experts who always know better than those who actually have practical experience or are usefully contributing.
Of course it doesn't help when people search on line for info and find all the misleading and incorrect crap posted that comes across as fact.
Cheers

Malc

macneil
Past 250!
Trainz Version: 2010

Post by macneil »

I'm the same as klambert this forum is all I'm active on I used to spent alott of time on differant 4x4 pages but peoples opinions are just to much on there if it's not a Nissan patrol or toyota landcruiser it's apparently rubbish which I have out driven alott of times in my aparantl toy off-roader so I can't understand how what you said about the enthusiast groups

Uploaded with ImageShack.us