Random Crash - Win 10?

PFX
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 119450

Re: Random Crash - Win 10?

Post by PFX »

Dave, there was definitely something about track condition but buggered if I'm reading through all the fixes again :D

Here's hoping though.
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Post by clam1952 »

cyberdonblue wrote:
PFX wrote:Random crashing is back it seems. The only 'plus' point if it can be called such, is that the crash is instant, unlike in TS12 where the game hung for some time, and restarting is very quick in comparison to TS12.

I see SP1 + HF2 is fast approaching. One of the things I was disappointed not to see is default track condition. The whole feature is unusable at present due to the way it's implemented on screen...
Mine's back too, Innis. I really thought I'd seen the back of that. :( The symptoms are exactly the same as yours so it's unlikely to be down to something "local."

As far as track condition goes, I'll have to go back and read all the bumf again, but I'm sure that I read that they are going to put in a separate little drop down thingy in SP1/HF2 for the track condition advanced menu so that you can set the default track condition to your own tastes. It wasn't just wishful thinking, honestly (unless I really am going doolally! :? )

Dave
No need to read it again Dave.
The track adjuster thingy, It's due to be in SP1, already tested in the latest test build I believe, not enough data left after the Win 10 upgrading to get the latest.

Hard to set a default value I would imagine as there are too many different opinions on what it should be! Pick any value and I'll bet there will be a moaning thread about it. :roll:
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
PFX
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 119450

Post by PFX »

clam1952 wrote:Hard to set a default value I would imagine as there are too many different opinions on what it should be! Pick any value and I'll bet there will be a moaning thread about it. :roll:
I wouldn't moan about it if it was properly implemented... See previous moan. Heh!
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2006 2012 T:ANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 214658

Post by cyberdonblue »

Aah, I knew they were going to put a thingy in there somewhere. They've finally realised, it'll never work if you don't have a thingy somewhere in the works. :D

Dave