New motherboard

For general hardware discussions. Including upgrade advice.
macneil
Past 250!
Trainz Version: 2010

New motherboard

Post by macneil »

Hey everyone my motherboard has had it along with all my ram I don't no to much about computers but I heard from A bloke at work that I have to find A motherboard to work with my chip set and graphics card.

This is my chip set and graphics cars details.

https://ark.intel.com/products/52206/In ... o-3_10-GHz

http://www.gigabyte.com.au/products/pro ... id=5572#kf

since Im not up to date with things anymore I was wondering if I could get some recommendations on A motherboard that would work with my currant hardware but perform better than my old one

Being so close to Christmas my budget is smaller than I would like I have around 160 British pounds any help would be great.

Cheers.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2006 2012 T:ANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 214658

Re: New motherboard

Post by cyberdonblue »

Hi Mac,

Your rig sounds similar to mine. My Graphics card is the same as yours but I use the Intel i7 processor. However, the Motherboard I've got supports the i5 too. I use the ASRock Z97 Extreme 6 which is currently retailing in the UK at around £135.00. You could probably get it cheaper than that if you shop around a bit. I use the maximum 32G RAM that it can handle too. I have to say that it is as smooth as a baby's backside to run and the rig as a whole runs just about anything I ask it to on maximum settings most of the time. T:ANE is a joy to run and (touch wood) causes me no problems at all.

Hope that's a help in some way.

If you don't fancy that one have a look here:- http://www.game-debate.com/hardware/ind ... 0%202.8GHz

Dave
macneil
Past 250!

Post by macneil »

Thanks Dave it started out in life as A off the shelf acer aspire m3970 desktop I never thought it would last this long.

Until it died it handles trainz pretty good I do play as much as I used to I mainly jump between trainz,ark survival evolved and city skylines which the two non trainz games with over 200 mods was using upto %95 of my 8 gig of ram thats why i added the extra 4.

Thanks for the link I have found lots that will work but ive been out of building pcs for the last three years building my car to where I want it to be and when I look at those list I don't no what any of it means haha I have found this the same as yours for A good price but living away from major cities it will be next year when it gets hear :P

https://www.mwave.com.au/product/asrock ... vQodYqcExA

clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Post by clam1952 »

One hopes if the motherboard has died it didn't take the processor with it, if the memory is also knackered the chances are it did.
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
macneil
Past 250!

Post by macneil »

I've decided to just leave it and in the new year buy a new system I usually order everything online and have been looking at systems from my usual online store I will have a budget of around $1000/1300 and was wondering if I post the link could someone help out in suggesting what one is best in that price range cheers.

https://www.jw.com.au/products/desktop-pcs/custom

cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran

Post by cyberdonblue »

Wow Mac, those people want a lot of money for very little computer :shock: .

Shop around Mate. You'll get much better deals than those people are offering. Check out the January sales or something, but I'd certainly give those blokes in your link a wide berth :( . Daylight robbery Mate! Half of those machines (at the cheaper end) don't even come with a power supply.

Dave
macneil
Past 250!

Post by macneil »

Thanks Dave I'll look at some others although those prices are Australian dollars so $1200 au is only around 700 pounds but there Are A few more places I know of.

cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran

Post by cyberdonblue »

£700 is a fair wallop Mac. You should get something more than decent for that price - WITH a power supply. And don't forget, you can always slot the GTX 750Ti into a newer machine for now. I'm sticking with mine till at least I see a decent drop in the price of the current cards on offer and it's showing no signs of struggling by any means.

Dave
Briggsy
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS2019 + TANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105096
Author KUID: 630773

Post by Briggsy »

I agree with Dave, those prices are way OTT and you can get those kind of specs far cheaper with branded components.
macneil
Past 250!

Post by macneil »

yea I have been looking around but as I said before the pieces of things and wages are different hear the average house is 500k hear and average car is 40k where I've seen in England are a fair cheaper so the prices do seem kinda high most complete systems hear range from $800 to $3000