Aylesbury to London Marylebone

Discuss routes currently being created.
PFX
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 119450

Re: Aylesbury to London Marylebone

Post by PFX »

Lovely job there Dave and Karl of course.
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2006 2012 T:ANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 214658

Post by cyberdonblue »

Thanks Innis.

Back down at the other end of the route...

Karl has come up with another little masterpiece for me so Watford Met has now been rebuilt (after I accidently deleted it :oops: ) but with the proper station building. You may also notice that the same building does a pretty good impression of Stanmore as well:

Stanmore (below)

Slow progress, health permitting, is being made but it's not always possible to keep going at times these days. It's getting there though.

Cheers

Dave
PFX
Forum Veteran

Post by PFX »

Smashing stuff as ever. I recall Stanmore from a childhood trip to London. I think we were staying out towards Oxford and the aul man drove as far as Stanmore before we got the Tube in. Must have been around the late 70s as I recall lots of bill posters around for Pink Floyd - The Wall.
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran

Post by cyberdonblue »

Thanks again, Innis. Much appreciated.

Aaah Pink Floyd. The stuff of my youth (along with Black Sabbath; Deep Purple; Led Zepplin; Yes; Budgie; Head, Hands & Feet and few others besides.) I was never a cannabis smoker though (too young initially and no interest latterly) I just enjoyed the music for what it was. Often full blooded, rhythmic, thundery bass lines with some great riffs and vocals. Just what a teenage lad needed at the time ha ha ha!

Cheers

Dave
klambert
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2012 TANE
Trainz Build: 61297
Author KUID: 393563

Post by klambert »

cyberdonblue wrote:Thanks again, Innis. Much appreciated.

Aaah Pink Floyd. The stuff of my youth (along with Black Sabbath; Deep Purple; Led Zepplin; Yes; Budgie; Head, Hands & Feet and few others besides.) I was never a cannabis smoker though (too young initially and no interest latterly) I just enjoyed the music for what it was. Often full blooded, rhythmic, thundery bass lines with some great riffs and vocals. Just what a teenage lad needed at the time ha ha ha!

Cheers

Dave
Pink Floyd, Deep Purple along with a lot of punk stuff was the soundtrack to my teenage years as well, although that's because I abhorred the emo crud of the late 2000s.
http://berkshiretrainz.webs.com/

Great Bolshy Yarblockos!
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 123794
Author KUID: 45317

Post by Nexusdj »

Looks superb Dave :D
High visibility pixels must be worn when on or about the line !!
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran

Post by cyberdonblue »

Thanks Dave. Much appreciated. :D

Cheers

Dave
trainzrule
Milepost 3
Trainz Version: T:ANE

Post by trainzrule »

Looking good!
Just out of interest: do you know about/have any experience with thisischeese's AEL track? I know it isn't procedural, but it still looks like especially the 3rd and 4th rail assets have a lot of Detail in them and the colours look much better than on the protrack. Maybe some trackside assets could be useful? I don't know much about route building, but I accidentally bumped into them on the DLS...
https://images.app.goo.gl/hpELE5Ug1sG6GqsY6
Just a screenshot I found of them.
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran

Post by cyberdonblue »

trainzrule wrote:Looking good!
Just out of interest: do you know about/have any experience with thisischeese's AEL track? I know it isn't procedural, but it still looks like especially the 3rd and 4th rail assets have a lot of Detail in them and the colours look much better than on the protrack...
Thanks for the positive comment. I've had a play with thisischeese's AEL track on a few occasions but I couldn't get on with it for various reasons. I also experienced a few glitches with it too, if I remember right - track disappearing etc in what I assume might be LOD issues, though I'm not sure about that as I'm no expert - and one or two more problems that I can't recall just at the moment. Anyway, having said all that I feel that the route is too far developed at this point to be messing with a major change of track throughout. It wouldn't be as simple as using the large scale replacement option in T:ANE. Dealing with 3rd and 4th rail junctions (of which there are many on this route) in T:ANE can be tedious if not downright bloody awkward to say the least so I've no wish to revisit them anytime soon. It wouldn't be feasible anyway with my current health situation.

Thanks for your comments though. I do appreciate everything that is posted.

Cheers

Dave
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran

Post by cyberdonblue »

Hi All,

Just to prove that I'm not dead (yet) :lol: I thought I'd better give my route a nudge in the right direction and get a few bits done or it'll never get finished. As one or two people around these parts already know, I've been having some further heart problems but all is looking good right now and I've started playing about with Trainz again as a result.

I must say a big thanks again to Karl (klambert) for the beautiful Northwood Bridge that he put together (seemingly in the blink of an eye.) It's so much more appropriate than what I was using. He's also come up with another masterpiece for Harrow on the Hill which fits into place like a hand into a glove. It couldn't have been better. Thank you Karl.

Most of the work I've done over the last week or so has been the tedious stuff, housing and the like, but it's essential to get something into place to make things a bit more acceptable. It's actually only really cosmetic stuff that needs doing now. The railway infrastructure is all in place. Hopefully, I can press on now and cross that finish line.

Northwood Bridge

Northwood Bridge

Northwood Bridge

Harrow on the Hill

Harrow on the Hill

Northwood Hills station

Northwood Hills station

Northwood Hills station

Cheers

Dave :D
PFX
Forum Veteran

Post by PFX »

Top drawer as usual Dave. Nice to see you back in the cab :D
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran

Post by cyberdonblue »

Thanks Innis. Not quite match fit yet but getting there :lol:

Cheers

Dave
bj1888
Milepost 1
Trainz Version: TANE

Post by bj1888 »

cyberdonblue wrote:Does anybody know if there's a good representation of these Georgian style houses (below) anywhere in the Trainz world? I've been through just about every house that Dom Sarto has made and a good few others besides but they just don't feel right for this particular scene.
Hey Dave, I'm maybe a bit late with this :) but would this be of any use to you?
https://drive.google.com/open?id=18Bg2s ... uuj3R1nJJf

It's still rough as .... and incomplete but it wouldn't take much to tidy it up a bit. I could do with knowing what the roof and the back of the house look like though. Also, it's actually a spline so you could place 100's of them in minutes if need be and I've included the road as well, although it's not complete either. :roll:

Brendan

2020-05-03 192226.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
finn09
Past 100!
Trainz Version: UTC/TS 2010/TS2019
Trainz Build: 3
Author KUID: 873873

Post by finn09 »

Your route looks amazing :D , there's so much attention to detail, I can't wait to see how the route progresses.
well done cyberdonblue,
finn09
UTC/Trainz/Trainz 2004/Trainz 2006/Trainz 2009/Trainz 2010/Trainz 2012 - I guess you could say I'm a bit of a fan :)

my flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/187951131@N02/
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran

Post by cyberdonblue »

Wow Brendan, that's right on the money. I'm not looking for exact reproductions, just something that fits the bill to some degree and your pictures suggest those buildings would look great around Marylebone and one or two more London places (and the road would be the icing on the cake.) I've not done much to the route lately (very little actually), what with the PC problems and the loss of bird_d00's stuff from the TPR failure, but I'm thinking of a starting a new PC build in the next couple of weeks (as long as I can gather the bits together at a reasonable price.) At least then I can push on with the route, as best I can, without worrying about software/hardware issues. My PC's heading towards 4 years old now anyway so I suppose a rebuild is about due.

I've been dabbling with my Midland Mainline route (Derby - Manchester) recently for a bit of a change. I'm trying to find a decent track plan of St Mary's Wharf (the actual yard) at the Derby end but I'm struggling to come up with anything at the moment. If anyone can point me towards a favourable source I'd gladly take a look.

Anyway Brendan, I look forward to seeing the finished article. Great stuff.

Cheers

Dave :D

P.S. Many thanks for the positive feedback finn.