TRS19 SP2 route compatibility

Mightyena
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 688183

TRS19 SP2 route compatibility

Post by Mightyena »

So I've noticed that after upgrading to TRS19 SP2, a lot of older routes no longer display correctly.

And by older, I mean routes built in T:ANE, not something super old like a TRS2006 route.

Things like bridges now follow the ground contour instead of having a set height, and tunnels getting completely messed up.

Is there any way I can get these working again without switching permanently to TRS19? Cause if I edit the routes to fix them, they will no longer work in T:ANE...

Here are some examples of tunnels in T:ANE, and in TRS19 SP2. Note that these routes all worked fine in the previous build of TRS19

T:ANE:

TRS19:
James M, creator of the
network
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2006 2012 T:ANE SP3
Author KUID: 214658

Re: TRS19 SP2 route compatibility

Post by cyberdonblue »

I've not messed about with TRS2019 very much James because I just can't take to it. There are so many things from previous versions that aren't compatable or won't work with it at all that I've just thrown my copy up a corner and left it there (best place for it, I think.) Besides, the tunnel issues in Trainz generally are a pain in the proverbial at the best of times without having anymore introduced. Dodgy health has restricted my access to TANE recently but it's my favourite version of Trainz by a long chalk and, unless something drastic comes along, I'll be sticking with it.

Dave
Mightyena
Forum Veteran

Post by Mightyena »

The annoying thing is that it's all just so inconsistent! TS12 needs the tunnels positioned one way, T:ANE needs them another. TRS19 SP1 will accept either the TS12 or the T:ANE way, but TRS19 SP2 will over-correct the T:ANE tunnels (I've narrowed it down, it's every case of floating tunnel syndrome I fixed in T:ANE now shows up as sunken tunnel sndrome in TRS19). I do wish they'd just pick one and stick with it!

I'm in the same boat regarding Trainz versions, I'm doing all my building in T:ANE, because I want my routes to be usable by more people when I eventually release them somewhere around 2063, but I do like TRS19 for videos, because it runs slightly better, and the lighting is a lot better (and that the colours on Marky's IETs don't render properly in T:ANE, they're far too dark). With TRS19 SP1 though, I could build my route in T:ANE, then export it into TRS19, fiddle with the lighting, and off it went. Now I'm going to need two different versions again...

It's just maddening. I'd started to migrate over (in part) to TRS19 due to how well it played with my older content. TRS19 SP1 was excellent! It performed well, and Compatibility was basically 100%, if it worked in T:ANE, it worked in TRS19 (minus older ATLS crossings that aren't named, but since TRS19 came out I've been making it a point to name all of those for forwards-compatibility). Then N3V came alone and gave the code a good whack with their magic hammer of chaos, and now it's all over the place...

Sorry to hear about your health, hope it improves!
James M, creator of the
network
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2006 2012 T:ANE SP3
Author KUID: 214658

Post by cyberdonblue »

Health is much better thanks James. It must be, if I'm turning to Trainz again :lol:

Cheers

Dave
Mightyena
Forum Veteran

Post by Mightyena »

Glad to hear it!

I will say that after fighting with Interlocking Towers and the AI over Klambert's recreation of London Bridge, I definitely think that Trainz should come with a warning for people with high blood pressure!
James M, creator of the
network