Captain Scarlett

cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2006 2012 T:ANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 214658

Captain Scarlett

Post by cyberdonblue »

Hello once again to all. I'm so sorry that I've been absent for so long. Health has been poor to say the least but as I brag to my loved ones, "Captain Scarlett - Indestructable," ha ha! Now if that doesn't give my age away nothing will LOL! I must admit, though, that I cried when I read Domsarto's words about the troubles he's survived. We think we have it tough sometimes when times are hard but when you look properly there's always someone else that's had it tougher. I've been down there in that dark place Domsarto but I never lost a loved one like you have. God bless you. I can handle my own troubles but a loved one moving on like that would tear my heart out. You have my greatest sympathy.

As for Trainz, I feel like a newbie again. I'm not able to cope with building or anything right now and I feel like I'm light years behind the curve again. However, one step at a time and we'll see where we get to. I look forward to watching you guys and your wonderful work yet again until such time as I feel like I can join in.

Massive thanks to Innis for the positive message and sincere apologies to Karl (Lambert) for not replying ages ago. Sadly, I was in no fit state.

Right now, Im still upright and still breathing. That's all that counts.

Regards to you all

Dave (one of the many :? )
gamerouche
Past 250!

Re: Captain Scarlett

Post by gamerouche »

Good to see you back, best of luck to you. By the way, did you know that Captain Scarlet's real name was Paul Metcalf? (Trivia hat off now)

Regards
Gam :D
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran

Post by cyberdonblue »

Ha ha ha! Thanks Gam. Your kind words are valued ...and no, I didn't know that Captain Scarlet's real name was Paul Metcalf? Not sure that I understand that properly though. Captain Scarlett was a puppet when I was much younger. Having said that I'm somewhat rat-arsed at the moment - it's my birthday. One I never thought I'd see :lol:
gamerouche
Past 250!

Post by gamerouche »

Well a very happy birthday to you & many more of them. The Puppet Captain Scarlet was a code name, his birth name was Paul Metcalf. Hope that clears up any misunderstanding.

Regards Gam. :D
klambert
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2012 TANE
Trainz Build: 61297
Author KUID: 393563

Post by klambert »

Good to see you back Dave!
http://berkshiretrainz.webs.com/

Great Bolshy Yarblockos!
Briggsy
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS2019 + TANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105096
Author KUID: 630773

Post by Briggsy »

Good to see you back Dave. I hope you're back to full health again now :-D

On the downside, it means that the easy past few months I've had moderating the forum are now at an end again.

I have my work cut out when all these Daves are active on the forum :cry:

On a side note. I didn't realise you were 83. You now earn the title of 'Grandfather of the forum'. Your badge will be sent in the post first thing on Wednesday :D
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran

Post by cyberdonblue »

Briggsy wrote: ...Your badge will be sent in the post first thing on Wednesday :D
Well it still hasn't arrived :(

Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad to say that all my poxes and stinking pustules appear to be responding to the millions of antibiotics (bloody feels like millions anyway) that I've been forcing down my throat. Antibiotics on toast, antibiotics sandwiches, antibiotics and stuffing, antibiotic soup and so on and so forth. I've once again got a heart beat and there are vague traces of brain activity (only vague though) but sadly the rust seems to have spread to the undercarriage and I've now apparently got arthritis in my hip. No more cartwheels and back flips then. Good job Barry Scrapyard closed years ago or I'd have been dragged off down there and disposed of by now.

Anyway, as a geriatric old fart (not quite 83, although it feels every bit of it lately), I am now spending most of my time sleeping - mainly due to medication. A wonderful pastime at first but somewhat monotonous after a while. I am, however, hoping for the all clear to recommence certain activities from next week when 30 cans of Guinness in my fridge will be in serious danger of annihilation - and I don't mean being thrown out. After consuming large quantities of said Guinness, I may pour forth a few words of abuse for Mr Briggsy's perusal ;) . (I'll probably have to look a few up in the dictionary first, of course.) It seems, skimming over all of the posts since I've been away, that Marky has been giving Briggsy far too much of an easy ride. Can't have that. There needs to be a bit of a kerfuffle now and again or EVERYBODY starts dozing off :lol:

So, Happy New Year to you all and keep yer peckers up :shock: You never know when you might need 'em.

Cheers

Dave (yes, that Dave. You know, Briggsy, the one that's been missing for a bit.)