Class 101 (And others) Project Thread.

General Trainz discussion and questions.
robd
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 122418
Author KUID: 345264

Re: Class 101 (And others) Project Thread.

Post by robd »

JBVector wrote:
robd wrote:Beautiful model, looks superb!

I'm a little confused after watching the you tube video as to whether this model will be sold as payware through N3V :( , or whether it will be freeware :) ?

Rob.
It will be freeware on the DLS, like the Prestwin wagons.
Great news! Thank you! I certainly look forward to running this model.

Cheers,

Rob.
JBVector
Past 100!
Author KUID: 661805

Post by JBVector »

The 101's are officially released! Download link and more information can be found in my thread on the main forum. Thank you all for the assistance and help you guys provided throughout the development of the model, as it was essential for getting it in a state ready for publishing. https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthr ... ost1975495
Joseph, A.K.A. "dundun92"
robd
Past 100!

Post by robd »

Thank you JBVector. A splendid model!

Rob.
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 123794
Author KUID: 45317

Post by Nexusdj »

Superb modelling , Many thanks :D
High visibility pixels must be worn when on or about the line !!
Marky7890
Site Admin
Trainz Version: TRS2019
Trainz Build: 90945
Author KUID: 179051

Post by Marky7890 »

Thanks for these, excellent work, such a detailed model.

Mark
Briggsy
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS2019 + TANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105096
Author KUID: 630773

Post by Briggsy »

This is superb! Excellent model. Incredible detail. Thank you for filling this hole in the UK DMU range :D
paulsw2
Past 250!
Trainz Build: 123801
Author KUID: 234086

Post by paulsw2 »

It's a triumph. I grew up with these DMUs as a young trainspotter so it's fantastic to see them rendered so accurately into Trainz. I'm looking forward to the post-refurb versions and lots of destination blinds!

Paul
robd
Past 100!

Post by robd »

robd
Past 100!

Post by robd »

Some hints for new destinations...please ;)

Macclesfield Central, Alderley Edge, Whaley Bridge and Stoke-On-Trent. Note, they're all split perspective blinds, I don't know if it's possible to incorporate them as user editable destinations.

Please, is anyone else aware of other split perspective destinations? These are the only four I'm aware of.

Thank you

Rob.
JBVector
Past 100!

Post by JBVector »

robd wrote:Some hints for new destinations...please ;)

Macclesfield Central, Alderley Edge, Whaley Bridge and Stoke-On-Trent. Note, they're all split perspective blinds, I don't know if it's possible to incorporate them as user editable destinations.

Please, is anyone else aware of other split perspective destinations? These are the only four I'm aware of.

Thank you

Rob.
Thanks, Rob. I'll note these. Any layout you can put on the rectangular area should be editable. Please note people will have to create their own from my blender template I will release, or from GIMP or some other software and create the png/bmp files and put them in the asset (it's not procedural).

The next 101 update is a very large update, not just the destinations, and is currently on the back burner, as I'm more focused right now on my script library, several new wagons, and my next major locomotive for trainz (after working on one thing for over a year, I like to take a little break and work on something else!). And the pace of development will slow greatly as the summer ends, so no date yet for the update, perhaps in a few months.

Regards,
Joseph
robd
Past 100!

Post by robd »

JBVector wrote: Thanks, Rob. I'll note these. Any layout you can put on the rectangular area should be editable. Please note people will have to create their own from my blender template I will release, or from GIMP or some other software and create the png/bmp files and put them in the asset (it's not procedural).

The next 101 update is a very large update, not just the destinations, and is currently on the back burner, as I'm more focused right now on my script library, several new wagons, and my next major locomotive for trainz (after working on one thing for over a year, I like to take a little break and work on something else!). And the pace of development will slow greatly as the summer ends, so no date yet for the update, perhaps in a few months.

Regards,
Joseph
All sounds good! Just to note: I use *.jpg's for extra destination blinds, resaving them as *.png's doesn't seem to work, I don't know why.

I'm sure you need a well deserved break from 101's! I think we've got enough of your excellent 101 material to keep us going for now although I look forward to the updates when they're finished.

Cheers,

Rob.
JBVector
Past 100!

Post by JBVector »

I decided to just create a small temporary update to the script library that allows people to add more destinations until I sort out the big update later. Just add and name the images and their texture.txt files following the same pattern (d0, d1, d2, d3, d4.texture.txt, etc), and for each index, add the name of the destination in the config's string table, and the script will look at the number of comma separated values to determine how many to cycle through. This won't be uploaded to the DLS, and it won't obsolete the original script library, so you have to manually delete it and reinstall this. (<kuid2:661805:500006> BR Class 101 Script Library)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YTk__y ... drive_link
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by JBVector on Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
robd
Past 100!

Post by robd »

My extra destinations.

Modified destination image.

The new script files work well in TRS19 and TRS22, thankyou for modifying the loco.gs and coach.gs script files.
I was wondering when I got to d10.jpg if it would work using my mods as I was increasing the arrowed value in these lines in the old loco.gs and coach.gs files? I thought 9 would be the limit as 10 and beyond are a two digit numbers!

Please note: No need to do this if new script files are installed!

Rob.
JBVector
Past 100!

Post by JBVector »

robd wrote: My extra destinations.

Modified destination image.

The new script files work well in TRS19 and TRS22, thankyou for modifying the loco.gs and coach.gs script files.
I was wondering when I got to d10.jpg if it would work using my mods as I was increasing the arrowed value in these lines in the old loco.gs and coach.gs files? I thought 9 would be the limit as 10 and beyond are a two digit numbers!

Please note: No need to do this if new script files are installed!

Rob.
Yes, even if you used that, it would still work beyond 10 to infinity.

Just realized the script won't work for DTCL, as I didn't update the coach.gs file! Here is the fixed version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YTk__y ... drive_link

Heres a blank template
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
robd
Past 100!

Post by robd »

Thank you.

I didn't check the DTCL, I just presumed you had updated both *.gs files! Thanks for the blank template.

Rob.