Difference between TS 2019 Standard and Platium, advice?

General Trainz discussion and questions.
LandYRailwayMan
Milepost 1
Trainz Version: TANE SP4
Trainz Build: 105963

Difference between TS 2019 Standard and Platium, advice?

Post by LandYRailwayMan »

I am evaluating my options for buying Trainz 2019 and would appreciate a little experienced input.

After reading BVN's dire warning to Mac users I took a look myself at the 2019 specification and discovered to my horror that both the recent 2019 SP3 and 2022 both now require MacOS versions that in turn require Mac Hardware that I am not likely to have in my possession for a long time to come! Given the blyth claims that 2019 will runn on most systems that can run TANE this discovery is a little disturbing, given I am currently running TANE on an even older Mac Pro that isn't going beyond Mac OS 10.11, however 2019 SP2 still supports Mac OS 10.12+ and I have a Mac Pro running 10.13 which I was thinking of using for 2019. I have confirmed with N3V, and they still supply a download link for SP2 once I have purchased a copy. I am therefore now trying to decide what version of 2019 to buy.

My main interest is in UK railways, so the UK regional version seems to make some sense, but the full Standard version may be worth having none-the-less, I am put off the full Platinum version by the sheer volume of extra content that I am not particularly interested in and don't want cluttering up the system. However the Unified Camera Options, Unified Driver/Surveyor Interface and Content Store Downloader, are only available in the Platinum version. I am not familiar with these and evidently N3V thinks they are something worth paying extra for. Are these worth having? What am I missing if I don't have them? Are there any implications for running these on an older system?

Thanks.
Autism/Aspergers - 2 much of 1 good thing and 2 little of another.