Mk4's now in IC Swallow

General UK Railway Discussion and questions.
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 123794
Author KUID: 45317

Mk4's now in IC Swallow

Post by Nexusdj »

Pic from Trains&Planes spot on twitter (https://twitter.com/trainshb) showing 2 Mk4 coaches repainted or vinyled up in a modern take on INTERCITY Swallow livery at Wabtec Doncaster :drool:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FPK-hvKX0AI ... name=small
High visibility pixels must be worn when on or about the line !!
Mightyena
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 688183

Re: Mk4's now in IC Swallow

Post by Mightyena »

Interesting... Are they being preserved somewhere?
James M, creator of the
network
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran

Post by Nexusdj »

Not sure at the moment whether they are for preservation or for mainline use with a TOC . Posts on WNXX saying these are possibly for use with the LNER TOC on the ECML who have stated that the remaining Mk4 sets & class 91's will be repainted/ vinyled in another livery when they become due for repainting and it will be different from the current LNER IEP livery . Could this be an interim livery for "Great British Railways" seeing as it's a former BR livery and the copyright to it's design may have passed to the DfT ??

I did remark on the WNXX forum that today is April fools day and it may be an elaborate ruse which has escaped onto the net too early , I hope it isn't as a full set or sets on the mainline should look smart .

As a side note info has leaked out that there's a Cross Country HST powercar 43384 currently being repainted at Laira in InterCity Executive livery :drool:
PerRock
Milepost 5
Trainz Version: TANE
Trainz Build: 3
Author KUID: 104609

Post by PerRock »

Wasn't there a tourist/excurision operator that was going to do Swallow-liveried stuff? I thought their name was "Intercity Trains" but the website that I had for them seems to be dead now.

peter

Edit: had the wrong URL, here is their site: https://inter-city.co.uk/
electra
Past 250!
Trainz Version: TRS2019 SP4
Trainz Build: 116678
Author KUID: 49712

Post by electra »

Nexusdj wrote:Not sure at the moment whether they are for preservation or for mainline use with a TOC . Posts on WNXX saying these are possibly for use with the LNER TOC on the ECML who have stated that the remaining Mk4 sets & class 91's will be repainted/ vinyled in another livery when they become due for repainting and it will be different from the current LNER IEP livery . Could this be an interim livery for "Great British Railways" seeing as it's a former BR livery and the copyright to it's design may have passed to the DfT ??
I did ask, on Twitter, if these were LNER leased coaches and, if they were, where that left 91119. 91124 was noted at Doncaster West Yard, last week; presumably having been stood down (having previously been denied an overhaul), but has since been given a reprieve and taken to Neville Hill.

Apparently, LNER are also to add an additional set to their 91/mk4 fleet; something that *may* tie into that rumour of two additional class 91s being looked at.

Given the current shambles-in-chief's obsession with plastering everything in the flag, I doubt it's some kind of GBR livery; interim or otherwise.
As a side note info has leaked out that there's a Cross Country HST powercar 43384 currently being repainted at Laira in InterCity Executive livery :drool:
This, you mean.
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran

Post by Nexusdj »

Another Mk4 has now appeared at Doncaster in a modified version of IC swallow with the upper dark grey replaced by red/Maroon https://twitter.com/LocoSpottingNW/stat ... 62/photo/1

Maybe IC swallow was considered too close to the old horrible British Rail that was replaced by the Franchise system that worked so well ?

But wait ...
Seems this newer livery is another throwback to the BR era as seen on the ATP demonstrator class 114 DMU back in the good old (Bad) days of BR : https://www.flickr.com/photos/jonf45sph ... 5/sizes/l/

Third time lucky maybe ....
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran

Post by Nexusdj »

Andi Liszka image on Flickr showing a Mk4 DVT at Wabtec Doncaster now sporting a variation of its original INTERCITY livery with the upper dark grey replaced with maroon : https://www.flickr.com/photos/149705449 ... 1/sizes/l/
Briggsy
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS2019 + TANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105096
Author KUID: 630773

Post by Briggsy »

I'm not sure if I like it or not.

Could it be Royal Maroon to mark the Jubilee year perhaps?
Mightyena
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 688183

Post by Mightyena »

I'm not really a fan I have to say, it just looks like they were going for IC but picked the wrong colour...
James M, creator of the
network
electra
Past 250!

Post by electra »

I'll wait and judge the colour scheme, when a full set is unveiled; though, that maroon band does take a little getting used to.
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran

Post by Nexusdj »

London North Eastern Railway : YouTube video "New Livery for Intercity 225 Fleet"

Richard Clinnick Twitter pic of 91127 : https://mobile.twitter.com/Clinnick1/st ... 38/photo/1

225 Group pic of 91127 : https://twitter.com/225groupuk/status/1 ... 21/photo/2
Briggsy
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS2019 + TANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105096
Author KUID: 630773

Post by Briggsy »

That actually looks quite smart in that video.

Nice to see a current TOC revisit an old livery with a slight twist.

Now to put the LNWR fleet in Network SouthEast livery........ :drool:
electra
Past 250!

Post by electra »

Rumour has it that LNER are thinking of putting the mk4 sets onto the Yorks, as well as the Leeds. However, get 'em while you can; it's been suggested that a contract for 10 (presumably) IETs could be signed within months!
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran

Post by Nexusdj »

From a post on the WNXX forum : LNER have used the Freedom Of Information website to release the new 225 livery specifications guide as a pdf :D

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ng-2059757
ScottAS2
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TANE
Trainz Build: 95078
Author KUID: 306203

Post by ScottAS2 »

Nexusdj wrote:From a post on the WNXX forum : LNER have used the Freedom Of Information website to release the new 225 livery specifications guide as a pdf :D
Railway modellers everywhere will be thinking Christmas has come early!

I'm still torn by the maroon stripe. It adapts a classic livery nicely for the LNER corporate identity, but it's so close to the original it somehow looks as if someone tried and got it wrong. I'm also surprised there's no yellow and red flashes for first class and catering. Did the original IC Swallow predate or omit that convention?