New HST and Class 11 in DLC for Trainz

General Trainz discussion and questions.
paulsw2
Past 250!
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 123801
Author KUID: 234086

New HST and Class 11 in DLC for Trainz

Post by paulsw2 »

Anyone else noticed these have now gone into the Trainz Content warehouse for Trainz Plus and Gold? There's a new route - 'British Model Railway' - that includes the Class 11 and a new BR IC125 and Midland Pullman with new power cars and Mk3 trailers. They all look pretty good at first glance (though I remain baffled as to why you would do a class 11 and not a class 08, though what do I understand of N3V's business model?) However, it's late, so I'll have to wait to later today (yes, it's early Mon morning!) until I try them out. Strange there's been no formal announcement from N3V.

Paul
JBVector
Past 100!
Author KUID: 661805

Re: New HST and Class 11 in DLC for Trainz

Post by JBVector »

If you haven't already seen it, Paul, the trainz plus webpage shows all the upcoming locomotives and features coming to trainz+ (https://info.trainzsimulator.com/trainz ... ntreleases). I believe an older email mantioned the HST being destined for gold class.

I also saw a class 42 in the content manager that hasn't been announced by n3v yet.
Joseph, A.K.A. "dundun92"
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Post by clam1952 »

Only just coming out of Preview and may or may not appear in Content Store under Purchased for Gold Accounts, curiously I have installed the HST it in my Copy of TRS22 but it's not yet appeared in Trainz Plus Gold and the online blurb in the Trainz Store is confusing at best, give a price but says only Gold Plus can purchase which they don't need to as its auto added to your purchases and then it says compatible with TRS22. Assuming as its build 4.6 there is no reason that it shouldn't be available for TRS19 that I can see.
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
paulsw2
Past 250!
Trainz Build: 123801
Author KUID: 234086

Post by paulsw2 »

JBVector wrote:If you haven't already seen it, Paul, the trainz plus webpage shows all the upcoming locomotives and features coming to trainz+ (https://info.trainzsimulator.com/trainz ... ntreleases). I believe an older email mantioned the HST being destined for gold class.

I also saw a class 42 in the content manager that hasn't been announced by n3v yet.
Thanks for that Joseph. Interesting as I see there's a Jinty in there (OK) as well as Tornado (also OK, but why not also offer other class A1s?) and class 9F 'Evening Star' (very OK, but will they offer a 'standard' black 9F?) Re. the class 42 - I was aware this was in production and have seen earlier beta versions. I'm expecting that to be offered in multiple liveries and versions.

As ever with N3V, their production of DLC is tantalising but also highly frustrating - very good models, but invariably produced in niche liveries and never developed (and virtually impossible to reskin or develop in the community as (a) payware and (b) PBR textures.) A case of so near, but so far!

Paul
PFX
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 119450

Post by PFX »

Apologies for bumping this thread, but I was wondering if the HST is available to all TRS22 plus owners or still just gold?

I find the content purchase pages in TRS22 very misleading. I can select DLC and go onto the N3V purchase page via that, which then has a message saying the HST is only available to Gold members. As I understood it, Gold members had a period of preview ahead of the rest of us but this doesn't appear to have changed. I'm puzzled as it would seem mad to cut off potential customers, unless I've got the wrong end of the stick when it comes to access to new DLC.

Innis
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 123794
Author KUID: 45317

Post by Nexusdj »

I'm in the same boat , I've been waiting patiently since before Christmas (2022) to purchase the HST but now its over 3 months later and its still shown as only available to Gold members , Even though a price (in US dollars) is shown and its listed as being available to purchase via the content store in 22 (But takes you to same Gold members only store page) !?

I've put a support ticket in enquiring when it will be available to purchase and I'll report back when I have a reply .
High visibility pixels must be worn when on or about the line !!
PFX
Forum Veteran

Post by PFX »

Cheers nexus. Maybe it's an 'administrative' error on N3Vs part. Hopefully.
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran

Post by Nexusdj »

Doesn't look like it will be available to purchase , The reply says that it is currently exclusive to gold members and they haven't announced any info as to whether the HST will be available to purchase .
I would suggest to Trainz 22 users reading this that if you would like the HST and are not gold subscribers then put in a support ticket , If they realise there's enough demand out there then they might make it available ?

So at this time can the pack be purchased (outright) by Gold members or is it just a freebie to use until their subscription ends , Seems daft that a purchase price is listed on the shop and 22 content store app ?
PFX
Forum Veteran

Post by PFX »

Thanks Dave. I'll raise a ticket then.

Perhaps N3V don't need the money or are they trying to push us to go for a gold membership? The latter won't be happening for me.
PFX
Forum Veteran

Post by PFX »

I've had a reply from N3V re the HST which is reproduced below. I'm quite disappointed by this apparent refusal to take my money and very surprised that N3V wouldn't want to open another revenue stream. I can't see any sense in it whatsoever.

"Some official DLCs may be released exclusively for membership subscribers, with the "BR HST - Inter-City 125 & Midland Pullman" being one of these at the current time. We may offer this is a purchaseable DLC at a later date, however we don't currently have a timeframe for this."
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran

Post by Nexusdj »

I did think that perhaps it was to do with the original author residing in a country that's currently being heavily sanctioned (https://www.artstation.com/ilios) and that maybe they simply can't pass on any previously agreed royalties , But his WCRC 47 + Mk1's and tornado are available as payware either separately on the store or come included in a payware route (Looe 47+mk1's) ?

I'd love to continue to support N3V financially (albeit at a lower amount due to the current cost of living crisis in this country) but if they don't want our money then so be it , A £6.80 payware upgrade to Transport Fever 2 has just been released by Urban Games that contains a new HST so my money will be going towards their profits instead !
PFX
Forum Veteran

Post by PFX »

Good news in today's N3V newsletter. Looks like the HST set is now available to Standard Trainz Plus members, though not via the N3V site. I got it via Content Store on the Trainz+ splash screen.
bolivar
Milepost 5

Post by bolivar »

Thanks for the update.
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran

Post by Nexusdj »

Thanks for the info , HST now installed but I can't see the class 11 in the list ?
PFX
Forum Veteran

Post by PFX »

I didn't look for the class 11. Not everything has been made available to standard members it may not have been included.