TRS 2022 not loading

todduncious
New Starter
Trainz Version: TRS2022

TRS 2022 not loading

Post by todduncious »

Hello,

I have recently purchased TRS2022 on Steam but I have had nothing but bother with it these last few days. when I first installed it there was no problem and I managed to complete all the tutorials. However, when I started to install items from the Purchased area.. no go. To cut a long story short, at the moment I am presented with the Launch Screen, a window saying 'Starting Trainz.... Waiting for database repair 93' and a screen stating 'Scanning for added asset files (32143 asset folders scanned)....this number increase very slowly. This combination of screens has been showing for at least 30mins.

Any answers greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Mark S.
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 123794
Author KUID: 45317

Re: TRS 2022 not loading

Post by Nexusdj »

Welcome to the forum :D

I'm afraid you'll have to wait for that rebuild to finish . If the program itself has received an update then it will cause the program to run a database rebuild , These are usually fairly quick though it will be dependant on how many items of DLC and content you have installed . Sometimes the database of installed content will get corrupted if the program crashes to desktop or didn't shut down properly etc. So it needs to rebuild the database when you restart the program . It's frustrating especially when it's eating into your spare time but you need to wait until it's finished , If you shut it down before it's completed then it will start again from 0 to rebuild the database when you restart the program .

As you add more DLC and content from the DLS then the rebuilds will take longer , but take it from us Trainz veterans that Trainz 22 database rebuilds are way way quicker than some of the older versions and the program itself is a lot more stable , The later build version of Trainz 12 used to be mega slow at database rebuilding and could take 12 hours or longer if you had a lot of additional content installed .
High visibility pixels must be worn when on or about the line !!
todduncious
New Starter
Trainz Version: TRS2022

Re: TRS 2022 not loading

Post by todduncious »

Thanks for your help. Seems to have sorted itself out.

Regards, :)