Which version of Trainz should I buy?

General Trainz discussion and questions.
Jay
Milepost 1
Trainz Version: Trainz 2022
Trainz Build: 5

Which version of Trainz should I buy?

Post by Jay »

Hi, I hope everyone has had a good Christmas.

My PC has failed a few months ago and according to the guy at the computer shop my PC is completely done for so I lost everything, also taking Trainz with it. So I decided to start again and bought a new computer and just about buy a new copy of Trainz, but I'm struggling to decide which version to buy after reading mixed reviews about Trainz 2019 and Trainz 2022. I've made sure my new computer can run both versions, also I'm not too bothered about how much I'll be paying for trainz so price isn't really an issue. For those who have used both versions, which one out of the two would you recommend that I buy?

Thanks,
Jay. :)
JBVector
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TRS22
Author KUID: 661805

Re: Which version of Trainz should I buy?

Post by JBVector »

If you have neither, I'd recommend TRS22. It's more stable, has better performance, and is still being supported and will get new patches for several years. The negative reviews on trs22 were mostly from people who already owned TRS19 (like me), and were complaining that the upgrade was minimal. But since you have neither, TRS22 would be the better choice.
Joseph, A.K.A. "dundun92"
Jay
Milepost 1
Trainz Version: Trainz 2022
Trainz Build: 5

Re: Which version of Trainz should I buy?

Post by Jay »

JBVector wrote:If you have neither, I'd recommend TRS22. It's more stable, has better performance, and is still being supported and will get new patches for several years. The negative reviews on trs22 were mostly from people who already owned TRS19 (like me), and were complaining that the upgrade was minimal. But since you have neither, TRS22 would be the better choice.
Hi, thanks for the reply. I'll settle for Trainz 2022 then, there's also a 20% off discount on Steam so I'll get it while I can.

Jay. :)