HST and Class 11

General Trainz discussion and questions.
bolivar
Milepost 5

HST and Class 11

Post by bolivar »

I notice that these items are now available to those trainz plus standard subscribers. It is quite the marketing move, after how many years, for N3V to treat those of us who would rather "own" the products that we pay for, with such contempt. I notice it is only a few select items in Trainz store, that are treated in such a manner. Obviously N3V likes to dangle said items because they suspect that there are many who would succumb to the marketing. I will never pay rental. I am not having a go at those of you who do, your pockets are deeper than mine, I am having a go at N3V. Their claim that items in trainz plus categories will eventually be available to those of us who wish to own rather than rent. "Eventually" is the word to observe. One month, six months, a year two or three years? I understand that the subscription rental model helps in their efforts to stay afloat, but their efforts can be construed to resemble a company wishing to squeeze the blood out of any customers who would be willing to rent products that may be a winner financially. Greed or a basis for a successful business?
Briggsy
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS2019 + TANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105096
Author KUID: 630773

Re: HST and Class 11

Post by Briggsy »

Totally agree. I don't mind paying to own it outright - but I'm not going to pay to 'lease' it.

I'm grandfathered in to a lifetime DLS ticket - so Trainz Plus has no real benefit to me.

If N3V want to release it to buy, I'll gladly buy it tomorrow. If they won't release it to buy, then I won't be having it.
Mightyena
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 688183

Re: HST and Class 11

Post by Mightyena »

bolivar wrote:Their claim that items in trainz plus categories will eventually be available to those of us who wish to own rather than rent. "Eventually" is the word to observe. One month, six months, a year two or three years?
I suspect it's the same definition of "Eventually" as they used when T:ANE was getting a Linux version. I.E "No, but it'd annoy our users/be bad publicity to say that, so we'll say it's 'in the works' instead"
James M, creator of the
network