24/04 - April 2024 Screenshots

Post your Screenshots here
PFX
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 119450

24/04 - April 2024 Screenshots

Post by PFX »

I've taken the liberty of creating the topic. I hope nobody minds? If one of the mods wants to alter or delete, please do so.

Craiglang is still a work in progress but getting there now. This is my first use of PBR textures and HD terrain, not that there's much beyond a gentle gradient, and as it's a single board 'route', I can go a bit mad with the details.

pacerguy
Past 250!
Trainz Build: 0

Re: 24/04 -April 2024 Screenshots

Post by pacerguy »

Pacer and Replacer on my newest WIP Route
sleek
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TANE

Post by sleek »

Fantastic shot looks absolutely brilliant that pfx. Could I ask where you got those cables that run along the track looks superb and realistic
PFX
Forum Veteran

Post by PFX »

The cable is actually a hose. I tried some cable but it's too thin to see it. The hose is kuid2:68213:37009:1
fudginator
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TANE SP4
Trainz Build: 105766

Post by fudginator »

Hi All, been a while since an update. I've been setting up a new business and adding to the empire, plus life has thrown in a few curve balls while it's at it.
Anyway, found 5 mins recently to have a bit of a session on my early 80's Cornish route, main line is pretty much done to Plymouth, so on to the branches, here is some WIP. Also will be swapping in Valliant's excellent track which has been uploaded since I last had a tinker

Top prize for branch line cannibalization during the 80's is the sunshine town of Newquay. A unit sits on platform 1 having arrived from Par, note the crossover was still in place for all the lovely Loco hauled sets that arrived during the summer months

The Hoover on platform 3 awaits to take the emmetts back up North, note the rather large gasometer still has pride of place next to the station

An NSE set arrives from Paddington with a 47 at the helm. As it crosses Trenance viaduct which was still double tracked, the semaphore complete with a route indictor says Platform 2 if you please

Out in the wild's now, namely St Dennis Junction, again another section now changed beyond recognition. During the 80's the signal box still stood and very much in use, the line to right served the Retew and Meledor Mill branches which even in the 80's saw very little clay traffic. The long sidings did have a final swansong of use in the late 80's when all the CDA's were taken there over many weeks to have the hopper lining removed because they found the clay was sticking to it.
A unit arrives from Par, on the down loop, which has had a bit of fresh ballast, just waiting for the token, talking of tokens the posts still sat in place for the pick up and drop off of said items
PFX
Forum Veteran

Post by PFX »

Cracking shots !

Oddly, I can't seem to download Valliant's tracks. I had one, deleted it, now I can download none. All I see is component parts but not the actual track assets in CM.
captainslow
Milepost 1
Trainz Version: Trainz Simulator 12

Post by captainslow »

I’m currently working on a “what if” route
based on a branch line if the s&djr never closed, I do not have any screenshots of it yet, however you can expect some on monday

(I just wanted to make a post because its my birthday)
My Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/@britishrailpacer
Stop Pacer Abuse !!
fudginator
Past 100!

Post by fudginator »

A Paddington bound class 47 makes it's way back to the smoke after crossing Trenance viaduct. The Newquay branch was by far the longest in Cornwall at over 20 miles. Semaphore were a plenty around Newquay at the time, but the double track lasted just a few more yards, then it was a very windy and slow slog to Par and the mainline.

A local stopper pulls into St Columb Road, heading for Par, with it seems half the village wanting to catch it. (I'm sure I set the initial numbers to 1 :lol: )
The shelter was once a much grander affair with a pitched slate roof, but that was removed along with the old station building, A track gang was also based at St Columb back in the day
stovepipe
Past 250!
Trainz Version: TRS19
Trainz Build: 117009
Author KUID: 368699

Post by stovepipe »

Nice work on the Newquay branch, just as I remember it.
captainslow
Milepost 1

Post by captainslow »

31308 brings in short train of closed wagons on my WIP route
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stop Pacer Abuse !!
captainslow
Milepost 1

Post by captainslow »

159017 has just pulled into the bay platform
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stop Pacer Abuse !!
fudginator
Past 100!

Re: 24/04 - April 2024 Screenshots

Post by fudginator »

A couple more after a bit more work
I have to admit, I've always found the China clay side of things fascinating, both with the railways and the geography of it all over some 40 square miles.
Looking through a few books much work will be needed to reinstate many branches and sidings to take it back to the 80s era
The Rocks works at Goonbarrow back in the day when the settling ponds were still in use and the slag hills were still white
A St Blazey based 37 with 2 Tiger rail wagons pulls round to the now abandoned Wheal Henry dries to perform a run-a-round. The line a little past this point was truncated in the early 70's, originally running for another mile or so to the Carbean works
Hoods on the move, the works shunter taking loaded wagons to the siding ready for collection
captainslow
Milepost 1

Post by captainslow »

31142 departs with a parcels train
Stop Pacer Abuse !!
fudginator
Past 100!

Post by fudginator »

Still on the Newquay branch.
This is the view from Bugle bridge. A Northern bound 47 rounds the curve heading for the mainline. The fixed distant signal is to warn drivers about Molinnins crossing which was on the Par end of Bugle station, the line on the left is the branch to Carbis Wharf
A St Blazey 37 stunts under the bridge towards the dries, there were no run round facilities on this branch so wagons would have to be reversed all the way from Goonbarrow junction. Interesting fact whilst working on/researching this section, the road bridge no longer exists, after the track was lifted in 1991 the bridge was removed and the road was made flatter
Carbis Wharf, near Bugle, not to be confused with Carbis Bay on the St Ives branch. The last wagon left here in 1989, basically they had a sweep up and loaded what clay they could into a solitary Tiger rail PBA which was parked there a few days before. This is the early 80s and hoods are being dropped for loading. Note the coal pile as the kilns here still used the black stuff
AliTrains114
New Starter
Trainz Version: 2019

Post by AliTrains114 »

Making a route that's in an AU of mine.

Here are some images of the route which is set in the City of Southchester which is a major city on an Island South of the IOW. It is mainly dominated by the 3rd rail network.

Freightliner BR Class 34 (34616) & BR Class 66 (66505) running empty from Southampton to Kingsbury Oil Refinery.

BlueConnect BR Class 450 (450003 & 450112) operating the rare Hartford to London Waterloo via Alresford, Alton and Aldershot service.

BlueConnect BR Class 465 (465234 & 308) operating a Hartford-Harrington service.