Interesting Potential Commission

General Trainz discussion and questions.
evertrainz
Milepost 5
Trainz Version: TS 2012
Trainz Build: 3
Author KUID: 160471

Interesting Potential Commission

Post by evertrainz »

Hi all

just floating an idea out there - how much might I expect to pay someone, if I would like them to lay catenary for me on a stretch of a route? Suppose 15 miles give or take. I know there are absolute experts on catenary here, and if I were to take a guess as to how to properly lay it it would come out absolutely botched and undetailed, to say the least. For a long time I've been toying with the idea of a mini-route from Rugby to Nuneaton and/or Coventry set around 1962-95 so I have a stretch of track to run my 'roarer' and test any upcoming stock.

Hopefully we can see more of these types of conversations with the new MP surveyor, once it catches on.

(I do not mean to come off as selfish in this post - I just have no idea about catenary, at all :D )

Ron
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2006 2012 T:ANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 214658

Re: Interesting Potential Commission

Post by cyberdonblue »

Don't worry, Ron, I worked under the wires for 30 years plus and I'm STILL no expert. As long as they were there and live I was happy. I never looked at detail (as the New St Fitters will tell you when I tried to take a Class 86 into Curzon Street Parcels Shed. Let's just say there was a loud bang and then nothing worked anymore :shock: )

Don't be frightened to have a go. It's very intensive, time consuming and repetitive so I doubt you'll get too many volunteers. Anyway, this here place is a support group not a critics circle so if you need any advice just ask. There's no shortage of people who'll chip in, I'm sure.

Cheers

Dave :D
evertrainz
Milepost 5
Trainz Version: TS 2012
Trainz Build: 3
Author KUID: 160471

Re: Interesting Potential Commission

Post by evertrainz »

Thanks for the support Dave. The thought of it is scary, but manageable. Never 100% true to real life (as with anything in any game!) but since it’s so tedious and confusing as to what goes where I’m sure people wouldn’t mind as you say.