Help removing black spaces on a modded Paintshed base

General Trainz discussion and questions.
RDLOVER777
Past 100!
Trainz Version: 3.7
Trainz Build: 61388
Author KUID: 657338

Help removing black spaces on a modded Paintshed base

Post by RDLOVER777 »

Hi all, im in need of help regarding a TGV reskin i made.

Basically, i've made some TGV Sud Est reskins making them appear like a Class 373 in a fictional livery, i modded the original alias base to move the pantograph attachments int the correct place for UK OHLE but after testing it in games, there are black spaces that appear on the sides.

I've traced these black squares to the digit_X tga files in the the model, but no matter what i do, they remain solid, i've tried making them fully transpanent in paint.net, giving them them an opacity alpha of 1. I've even tried making them white and giving them an alpha using PEVSoft's Image2 yet they still remain (as per the image below).

Is there any fix for this or should i just deleted the modded base and stick to using the original base?
STADLER FLIRTS FOREVER!
slenderman7676
Past 100!
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 4
Author KUID: 628458

Re: Help removing black spaces on a modded Paintshed base

Post by slenderman7676 »

You could try altering the texture.txt files and set up an alpha texture which will make the number textures invisible.
More info on alpha channels can be found here: https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/ind ... ty_Effects
RDLOVER777
Past 100!
Trainz Version: 3.7
Trainz Build: 61388
Author KUID: 657338

Post by RDLOVER777 »

slenderman7676 wrote:You could try altering the texture.txt files and set up an alpha texture which will make the number textures invisible.
More info on alpha channels can be found here: https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/ind ... ty_Effects
i did try adding alpha textures to them, they still defaulted to solid black
STADLER FLIRTS FOREVER!
greeni
Past 750!
Trainz Version: TRAINZ22PE
Trainz Build: 123799
Author KUID: 174088

Post by greeni »

make sure they uncompressed tga files when saving them. that can sometimes turn them black