Its a little idea... about FCTs

Post any suggestions you have for the new forums.
Past 500!
Trainz Version: 12, TANE
Trainz Build: 74702
Author KUID: 431172

Its a little idea... about FCTs

Post by 73129 »

How about, as the DLS has been up and down this year, we all chip in to a lifetime or yearly FCT for use by the community, and then upload it to a special forum-wide account?
tommietomato2 on Auran forums
Retired moderator.
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 123794
Author KUID: 45317

Re: Its a little idea... about FCTs

Post by Nexusdj »

I doubt it work with separate tickets or even if Auran would allow a ticket covering a group of people .

Pooling resources so that those that can't pay can have ticketed access is good in principal but what criteria would you use ,
How would you be able to tell that somebody's claim that they can't pay is true , would it apply to just those who cant have a credit/debit card because of age or would it also apply to people who are unemployed or on a low income/benefits etc ?

It would have to involve someone actually meeting those folks in person and going through and checking things like birth certificates or bank balances and whether these are actually legitimate or fakes ?!
without these checks you'd leave yourself open to all sorts of fraudulent claims .
The Internet is full of people claiming to be someone they are not .

There would be an influx of new entrants using variants on the below :

New user "Hi I'm **** (insert name) and I'm 15 and still at school . I love Trainz and I've been playing it for about a year and I've just found this Awesome site . I haven't been able to download much , because of my age I can't have a credit card and mom doesn't have a job so she can't afford to give me any money for a ticket !"

As for a ticket covering the whole group you can bet that somebody will have passed the password onto a "friend" within a few days and it would of gone viral within a week .
High visibility pixels must be worn when on or about the line !!