Midshire Mainline

Discuss routes currently being created.
Meuw
Milepost 1
Trainz Version: Trainz A New Era
Trainz Build: 0

Re: Midshire Mainline

Post by Meuw »

The tracks on my route don’t display at all, does anyone have the DLS tag for the mid shire mainline???
Mightyena
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 688183

Post by Mightyena »

The tracks aren't on the DLS. Did you download them from the appropriate website?
James M, creator of the
network
Meuw
Milepost 1
Trainz Version: Trainz A New Era

Post by Meuw »

no i got it off the download station. If you could send the link to the forum that would be very helpful :)
PFX
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 119450

Post by PFX »

I'm sure many of you will have seen my (perhaps too) numerous screenshots over the past year or two. Most have been from the extended Midshire Mainline (which I'm calling Midshire Vale for the time being). The entire route is depicted on the first map below, with a previous screenshot I posted showing what has been added on to nexusdj and fudginator's original.

The area outlined in red is enlarged in the second shot. Each of the yellow boxes on that are the areas where I still have to complete the scenery. Given there are very little in the way of built up areas in these sections, I'm hoping that progress should be fairly quick. While I don't wish to advise any definite timescale for completion, I'm hopeful that this should be ready before the end of the year. Saying that, I'd like to go back to the Midshire section and make further improvements there since I gave them an initial dusting... I'm not going to though, otherwise the route will never be complete.

Once this is done, I'll be concentrating on the Edinburgh Glasgow route again.

PFX
Forum Veteran

Post by PFX »

Nothing particularly exciting about this screenshot but it does mark a momentous moment. This is the first train to cover the entire Midshire Vale route, starting at Armandale, travelling the entire Sandsworth circle, then back through Armandale, covering the line to Radcott Parkway. Total journey time was 1 hour 2 minutes without any stops and at maximum line speeds (when the AI didn't shit itself!). The last remaining part to complete is adding a little more scenery around Armandale.

Briggsy
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS2019 + TANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105096
Author KUID: 630773

Post by Briggsy »

Amazing work! Fair play to hitting your target for having it completed by the end of the year too.

If only Network Rail were as efficient :lol:
PFX
Forum Veteran

Post by PFX »

I could easily go back to the Midshire section and do a bit more there, but it would only end up being my own Forth bridge! :D
car112
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TRS19
Trainz Build: 116313
Author KUID: 533914

Post by car112 »

Well done! This is a route I’ve been looking forward to driving a train down the entire length. It would be a wholesome journey indeed.

Also, I’ve noticed that the train has a rake of Mark 3 coaches in the Intercity livery. I have heard that there are beta versions of Mk3 coaches that were made by peterdhicks in Virgin Trains livery. There’s been numerous discussions for Mk3, Mk4, and Mk5 coaches to be available on the DLS. If it’s not just me, many are confused on what coaches are available, what coaches have passengers enabled in the interiors, what coaches have doors that can open, etc.

My apologies for going a bit off topic on rolling stock, but this route will be awesome to see when it’s completed. Keep up the good work, and stay awesome!
Briggsy
Forum Veteran

Post by Briggsy »

car112 wrote:Well done! This is a route I’ve been looking forward to driving a train down the entire length. It would be a wholesome journey indeed.

Also, I’ve noticed that the train has a rake of Mark 3 coaches in the Intercity livery. I have heard that there are beta versions of Mk3 coaches that were made by peterdhicks in Virgin Trains livery. There’s been numerous discussions for Mk3, Mk4, and Mk5 coaches to be available on the DLS. If it’s not just me, many are confused on what coaches are available, what coaches have passengers enabled in the interiors, what coaches have doors that can open, etc.

My apologies for going a bit off topic on rolling stock, but this route will be awesome to see when it’s completed. Keep up the good work, and stay awesome!
The Mk3 coaches above look like the Railwaves Mk3's which were payware - and became unavailable around 6 years ago now - possibly even longer.

Peterdhicks is no longer actively creating Trainz content and hasn't for a good few years now - so it's highly unlikely we'll ever see anything he had in beta stages years ago.

The Mk4's were also by Peterdhicks - and are no longer 'officially' available - but they can still be downloaded from the Wayback Machine archive (search for peterdhicks Class 91 in the search bar above, and it'll throw up the posts with the links to the Mk4 stock, MK4 DVT and Class 91 from there).

Mk5's - No idea on that one i'm afraid.

If you want Mk3's with opening doors, etc, then the only ones I can think of that are available at the moment are Bloodnok's versions - but they import with errors so you'll need to fix them before they work (they will work once fixed). There is only a 1st and 2nd class Standard available though - no buffet cars, etc.

If you want 'Windowless' versions, then there's variations on the DLS of the Auran versions - plus some of NexusDJ's.

NexusDJ has some superb MK3's in the works with all the bells and whistles, which you may have seen in a few screenshots - but he's covering a vast range of variations and they're still work in progress. He'll possibly release those as and when they're / he's ready if he decides to release them (he's not obliged to - some creators like to keep their own content for personal use).
rowletmaster
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TANE SP3

Post by rowletmaster »

is there anywhere i can download that? or is that still work in progress?

apart from the midshire mainline V3 on DLS.
Briggsy
Forum Veteran

Post by Briggsy »

Still WIP.
rowletmaster
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TANE SP3

Post by rowletmaster »

ah i see. i cant wait for the map to be completed. as i always played rosworth vale back in train driver 2. and with the whole bigger map. i can tell this is gonna be a great map. keep up the good work