Creating Routes with TransDem

Discuss routes currently being created.
Highland Lineman
New Starter
Trainz Version: 4.6 TRS19

Creating Routes with TransDem

Post by Highland Lineman »

Hello All,

Can anyone advise me on how to download the latest version of TransDem?

I've tried and better tried to download it from the Google sites that claim to do it easily, but without success.
Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
PFX
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 119450

Re: Creating Routes with TransDem

Post by PFX »

The only place you can get it is from Roland Zeigler's TransDEM site. If you want a copy, you need to purchase a license for it. Here is Roland's page. http://www.rolandziegler.de/StreckeUndL ... EMEngl.htm

In the past, ff you have already purchased an older version, Roland would send a link to do a free update but that usually only covers around six months from purchase as I recall.

Cheers,
Innis
Highland Lineman
New Starter

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I’ve already found the document that you provided the link to and tried the “Order” and the “Download” buttons.

On the “Order” button I get “Zusi” It’s all in a foreign language, can’t understand a word of what she’s telling me. It certainly is’nt Gaelic.

On the “Download” button, all I get is a raft of error notifications too numerous to list, and they have the temerity to tell me that I have a mfc140.dll file missing. I haven’t a clue where that’s gone, if I ever had it.

Anyway PFX, thanks again for your help.
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Post by clam1952 »

You order it by email, instructions on how to order and pay here http://www.rolandziegler.de/StreckeUndL ... EMEngl.htm
Time limited Download link is emailed to you on receipt / clearance of payment.
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
Highland Lineman
New Starter

I got that, it’s what the other fellow posted.

I lost the plot where it says:

“Email address for ordering: | contact | rolandziegler | de | (Anti spam: Substitute with @ and . where needed)”

Is that the part of the document that you are directing me to?

If it is, can you give me some idea on how to translate that into an email address that is going to be accepted by the system?

PS: Am I right in that once downloaded the programme can’t be transferred/ shared on a second computer?

If it can be shared, then I would appreciate advice/help on how to do that. That was my Plan A, which wasn’t a success either, hence my having to turn to those who know the game.
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2006 2012 T:ANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 214658

Post by cyberdonblue »

Just click on the link that Malc has posted above and you'll find all of your otions are then listed in the menu down the left hand side of the screen. Simples :D

Cheers

Dave
Highland Lineman
New Starter

You guys say its simple.

I have found the document that the link provided gets me to.

I have tried the options that you mention with the result as described to PFX.

What might be even simpler would be, if it works for you guys, why not just write out the email address that actually enables me to order the programme?
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran

Post by cyberdonblue »

contact (at) rolandziegler (dot) de

I can't put it simpler than that without actually writing it out in full. ;)

Cheers

Dave
Highland Lineman
New Starter

Hi y’all,

Hope you are all having a joyous Easter and that you and yours are managing to keep clear of any and all viruses.

Just to let you know that I have managed to download TransDEM eventually. You can’t imagine the problems I had with PayPal. Perhaps you can.

Thank you all again for your help. Your forbearance and patience can only be put down to plenty of practice.

Anyway now that the ‘simple’ part is done I can’t wait to get stuck in to creating routes. Should be a doddle from here on in.
PFX
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 119450

Post by PFX »

Downloading TransDEM is the easy part. Actually turning geo data into a route is a bit of a learning curve but once you've done it once, it'll make more sense. I'd advise you to try doing just a few miles of a route rather than trying to create some massive route. That way if it goes wrong, you won't be wasting too much of your time. There are plenty of threads both here and on the N3V forum, not to mention Roland's own forum on the TransDEM site, that have good advice on how to get your geo data into Trainz.

Cheers,
Innis
klambert
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2012 TANE
Trainz Build: 61297
Author KUID: 393563

Post by klambert »

PFX wrote:Downloading TransDEM is the easy part. Actually turning geo data into a route is a bit of a learning curve but once you've done it once, it'll make more sense. I'd advise you to try doing just a few miles of a route rather than trying to create some massive route. That way if it goes wrong, you won't be wasting too much of your time. There are plenty of threads both here and on the N3V forum, not to mention Roland's own forum on the TransDEM site, that have good advice on how to get your geo data into Trainz.

Cheers,
Innis
I found the Geo Data bit reasonably straight forward, it's the UTMs I find to be pain, I always have some missing upon import.
http://berkshiretrainz.webs.com/

Great Bolshy Yarblockos!
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran

Post by cyberdonblue »

Despite having used it a few times now it's still a mystery to me most of the time :? I need a refresher course everytime I go near it and end up making a massive job out of every "simple" task :(

Cheers

Dave :D
Mightyena
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Author KUID: 688183

Post by Mightyena »

I really need to get around to purchasing and learning how to use it - I have a few routes I'd love to see recreated in Trainz. Not that encouraging me to start any more route projects is particularly sensible, but still...
James M, creator of the
network