My city Glasgow and Edinburgh beat everyone with 4 rail line

General UK Railway Discussion and questions.
rjhowie
Past 100!
Trainz Version: 2010

My city Glasgow and Edinburgh beat everyone with 4 rail line

Post by rjhowie »

Must be the most exceptional situation here in the whole of Gt Britain eh? With 4 passenger routes and all individual is outstanding but no jealousy please!
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 123794
Author KUID: 45317

Re: My city Glasgow and Edinburgh beat everyone with 4 rail

Post by Nexusdj »

Meanwhile in England and Wales :
GWML : Electrification to Cardiff , late but completed by this Christmas . Replacement of HST's with new build IEP's
MML : Electrification through to Kettering and Corby with late stage planning through to Market Harborough.
Replacement of HST's and younger 222's with new Hitachi bi-modes .

Here in the Midlands and completed :
Passing loop on Redditch branch to enable 3 trains per hour
Electrification to Bromsgrove including a brand new 4 platform replacement station , Service now 4 trains per hour towards Birmingham
Core section of Cross City Route operating at 10 minute intervals .
Electrification from Walsall through to Rugeley TV : Includes near all day new through services to London via Walsall and Birmingham
Plus becomes a second electrified through route to Stafford in times of disruption or engineering work on the direct Wolves to Stafford line.
Near complete resignalling of the West Midlands area with control passing to the WMSC at Saltley with only the New Street station area left to complete .

Midland Metro : Currently being extended across Birmingham to Edgbaston and also Wednesbury to Brierley Hill along the closed south Staffs railway line .

Funding now in place for new stations and service from Kings Norton to Birmingham New Street via the Camp Hill line with new stations at Moseley, Kings Heath and Hazelwell stations .

Funding also in place now to reintroduce a direct service from Walsall to Wolverhampton with new stations to be built at Willenhall and Darlaston James Bridge

West Midlands Railways currently have 107 new trains on order from Bombardier and CAF :
Bombardier :
36 three-car EMU trains for suburban services in Birmingham
45 five-car EMU trains for outer suburban and long- distance services on the WCML

CAF
12 two-car DMU trains and 14 four-car DMU trains .

I could keep going in respect of recently completed electrification schemes : Manchester to Liverpool and Wigan , Manchester to Preston and Blackpool , Goblin line (London).
Then there's Crossrail and HS2 which are both being built as I type this ....
High visibility pixels must be worn when on or about the line !!
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Post by clam1952 »

Nexusdj wrote: Funding also in place now to reintroduce a direct service from Walsall to Wolverhampton with new stations to be built at Willenhall and Darlaston James Bridge
Interesting, used to Work in Darlaston up to 2006, James Bridge is a bit of a hike from Darlo town Centre! Was plenty of space around there though back then, is a lot more now according to Google Earth, seems like some industrial units have been bulldozed!
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 123794
Author KUID: 45317

Post by Nexusdj »

Should of happened years ago when the service was introduced in the Central trains era (1998) but then the Strategic Rail Authority insisted the service be pulled in 2005 due to low passenger figures and that the 153(s) used on the services had to be sent elsewhere . Had the stations been built then the passenger numbers would of no doubt increased !

To save having to issue a formal closure notice for the termination of passenger services over the stretch of line from Pleck Junction to Darlaston junction , they run a Parliamentary passenger service over the line in one direction on a Saturday morning at 06:10 from Wolverhampton to Walsall:

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/ ... 6/detailed
High visibility pixels must be worn when on or about the line !!
rjhowie
Past 100!

Post by rjhowie »

We had as know a big chunk of the old Borders line brought back (over 30 miles), the track from Airdrie to Edinburgh, Larkhall line, a Glasgow suburban Maryhill route, Alloa (then electrified) and now Leven route to be next.

However what I have stated IS outstanding that 2 major cities in Gt Britain have 4 separate lines between them
rjhowie
Past 100!

Post by rjhowie »

it is okay folks I can cope with envy! :D
klambert
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2012 TANE
Trainz Build: 61297
Author KUID: 393563

Post by klambert »

London to Ashford is aalso rather complex situation.You have the South Eastern Mainline via Sevenoaks and Tonbridge, the Maidstone line Via Kemsing, HS1 and also the long way via Ramsgate.

I'm sure Liverpool to Manchester and Manchester to Leeds has a similar number of lines, if not more. If someone who knows the area better than I do cares to fill me in that'd be much appreciated.
http://berkshiretrainz.webs.com/

Great Bolshy Yarblockos!
rjhowie
Past 100!

Post by rjhowie »

I am still holding the line on this.......!