Douglas Bay Horse Trams

electra
Past 250!
Trainz Version: TRS2019 SP4
Trainz Build: 116678
Author KUID: 49712

Douglas Bay Horse Trams

Post by electra »

I did question whether this counted as railway or not, but decided to put in Off-Topic to be on the safe side.

Some on here may know this already, but the 2018 Douglas Horse Tram season finished a couple of weeks early, on the 21st October, as the Department of Infrastructure decided to start work on upgrading the promenade - which would involve moving the horse tram line to a reserved corridor, south of Broadway, to a new Sea Terminal terminus, in what's currently the Bottleneck Car Park. From memory, I seem to recall the promenade regeneration is expected to take 2 years, but I don't know (offhand) how much of that will be taken up with moving the tramway. But that and a dirt cheap deal on day tickets, over on the ferry, meant I went across for that final day and the resulting video can be viewed here
PFX
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 119450

Re: Douglas Bay Horse Trams

Post by PFX »

There're a couple of lads I volunteer with at the line over here who are always heading off to the Isle of Man and travelling the lines and walking former lines. The horse trams are as relevant as anything else. Great video by the way.

Innis
electra
Past 250!
Trainz Version: TRS2019 SP4
Trainz Build: 116678
Author KUID: 49712

Post by electra »

PFX wrote:Great video by the way.
Cheers Innis :D
pacerguy
Past 250!
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 0

Post by pacerguy »

i don't use the horse trams my GOLD card doesn't cover them but I do get free travel on the Electric railway the Steam railway and Buses . As regarding the prom they did rip up a nice garden to replace with a horrible roundabout...…. vandals.....