Free School Meals for Children During School Holidays

cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2006 2012 T:ANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 214658

Free School Meals for Children During School Holidays

Post by cyberdonblue »

Although at risk of sounding political, this post is truly not meant to be. As you are no doubt aware, more than 320 MPs recently voted against allowing children free school meals in the upcoming school holidays. That's not free meals for all children but for those in the most desperate need. Yes, the desperate. The ones living in the kind of poverty that we should never be seeing in this day and age. These bloated MPs have voted negatively despite having allowed this important help on two previous occasions. They're now saying, "We've done enough" despite they themselves continuing to get their meals and booze in Parliament subsidised by the taxpayer (and even being entitled to claim expenses for their own food shopping and everything else away from Parliament too.)

We live in the 21st Century yet child poverty is still on a par with 19th Century practices in some inner city areas. We owe it to our children to give them a life to look forward to, not one to look back on with deep resentment. We'll ALL pay the price for that in the long run. Children are our future and the Charles Dickens type tales need to be left behind as fiction once and for all.

In line with this belief, a lady recently became so angry about the refusal of these MPs to assist the children that she started a petition. Over 600,000 people signed this petition in the first 24 hours. That's how emotive a subject this has become. The government are beginning to realise that they've made a massive mistake but more people need to sign the petition to convince them thoroughly.

I myself recently signed the petition, called "No public money for MPs' meals," and I want to ask you all to add your name and support too.

This campaign means a lot to many people and I'm sure you will be one of them. The more support we can get behind it, the better chance we have of succeeding and driving the government into a shameful climb down. That's not victory for any political reasons, just humanitarian reasons.

You can read more and sign the petition here:

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/ ... tm_source=

Can you also take a moment to share the petition with others? It's really easy. There are links for you to share to Facebook and Twitter that you can obtain from the petition site.

Many thanks for your time.

Cheers

Dave
robd
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 122418
Author KUID: 345264

Re: Free School Meals for Children During School Holidays

Post by robd »

Totally agree with you cyberdonblue. Hunger is not political! Petition signed.

Rob.
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Post by clam1952 »

Likewise done, also this one through the UK Government petitions one on the free meals here https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/554276 at 828963 and rising rapidly.
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran

Post by cyberdonblue »

Thanks Rob. I've just signed that one you posted the link for too, Malc.

Many thanks

Cheers

Dave :D
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Post by clam1952 »

Not funny mate! Quite a few older people here and could do without childish remarks like that.
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
klambert
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2012 TANE
Trainz Build: 61297
Author KUID: 393563

Post by klambert »

Signed Dave.

I must say was good to see this issue highlighted here.
http://berkshiretrainz.webs.com/

Great Bolshy Yarblockos!
PFX
Forum Veteran
Trainz Build: 119450

Post by PFX »

Hunger is entirely political. It is the within the gift of government to do something about it. This government has, on this occasion, chosen not to do so. Previous governments are no better either or child poverty (or any sort of poverty in a country that calls itself 'great') wouldn't be an issue.

For those of you who voted for the Conservatives, I hope you have a clear conscience.

There was talk on the news this evening of some Conservative MPs asking Johnson to do a U turn on the free meals. I very much doubt that's because they actually care, but more likely because they can see the hugely negative PR that the Conservatives are getting across the board.
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran

Post by cyberdonblue »

pacerguy wrote:just gas anyone over 70 that would make lots of money available then take all the money and put it in governments pot job done
pacerguy, I'm pretty certain that you would be one of the first to complain should there be any gender related "untoward remarks" made on this forum. As Malc says, your comment is not funny, particularly when you consider the deaths of 6 million or so people via such a method in days gone by. There are many "older" people within our Trainz community (myself included) and your respect for your elders would be greatly appreciated, particularly around these parts. If you don't like us then you don't need to interact with us; but please refrain from insulting us.

I agree with your point about hunger being political Innis, but I think I was trying to say that I didn't want my appeal to be so - but maybe it is anyway. Whilst I didn't vote Tory I don't blame anyone who did because I fear they were the best option for Brexit voters at that time. Sadly, there are no political parties currently in existence that are worthy of a vote of ANY kind right now.

Thanks

Dave

PS. Thanks Karl. Much appreciated.
Marky7890
Site Admin
Trainz Version: TRS2019
Trainz Build: 90945
Author KUID: 179051

Post by Marky7890 »

I have removed Pacerguy's unnecessary comment.

Mark
gamerouche
Past 250!

Post by gamerouche »

Petition signed.

Gam
cyberdonblue
Forum Veteran