Rails not allowing trains to be placed (SP4)

RinseDC
Milepost 3
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 4
Author KUID: 801168

Rails not allowing trains to be placed (SP4)

Post by RinseDC »

Hi all

I'm having an issue where after the game crashed it will not let me place any consists or trains onto it (they're Protrack if that is any help)
Anyone that knows how to resolve it as both the tracks placed pre-crash and post-crash don't allow placing of trains

Thanks in advance
RDC
ScottAS2
Past 100!
Trainz Version: TANE
Trainz Build: 95078
Author KUID: 306203

Re: Rails not allowing trains to be placed (SP4)

Post by ScottAS2 »

Does the track have OHLE or some other non-track spline near it? I find sometimes Trainz decides that I'm trying to place whatever I'm placing (usually a trackside object; I don't remember getting it with trains) on the scenery spline instead of the track spline and complains that it's incompatible with the scenery spline. How to solve this? I've not found anything better than trying to move the camera around so I'm coming at the track from a different angle (often trying to reach "under" the OHLE). Perhaps the more experienced Trainzers can suggest something better.
Mightyena
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: T:ANE
Trainz Build: 105766
Author KUID: 688183

Re: Rails not allowing trains to be placed (SP4)

Post by Mightyena »

ScottAS2 wrote:Does the track have OHLE or some other non-track spline near it? I find sometimes Trainz decides that I'm trying to place whatever I'm placing (usually a trackside object; I don't remember getting it with trains) on the scenery spline instead of the track spline and complains that it's incompatible with the scenery spline. How to solve this? I've not found anything better than trying to move the camera around so I'm coming at the track from a different angle (often trying to reach "under" the OHLE). Perhaps the more experienced Trainzers can suggest something better.
Yeah that does happen from time to time. I've had it happen with trains too, not just trackside objects.

A helpful solution can be to build the OHLE on its own layer, then just hide the layer when you want to place something on the tracks, but that requires you to remember to switch layers whenever you start building something different, which I never do and end up with random track and buildings on the OHLE layer :lol:
James M, creator of the
network